Carbon Fiber "Grabber Type" Hood DONE! IT'S HERE! Finally!

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Maverick Man, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    UPDATE 7/30/10 DEALS ON CARBON FIBER GRABBER HOODS

ok here is your chance and your only chance no joke!

I NEED ROOM NOW! i am moving storage units and have way too much stuff in there! my hoods are just taking up too much room! i also have quite a few since I heard a rumor months and months ago about the new F&F5 movie using mavericks in it! Hoping that would take place and hoping the good old studio would buy lots of them to destroy! Lol! That DIDN’T happened! seems budget and the high cost of actors like Ty….. And The R… (I can’t say it's classified. ;) ) killed that whole idea. so leave it up to hollyweird! i now need to get rid of some stuff!

this is all good news for you all. right now I will ship any of my hoods FREE!!!! that is right FREE! you are probably like “big deal” right? well just so you know hoods now cost a min of about $170 bucks to ship and almost $200 to the east coast!

i will ship to your DOOR for $675 to any lower 48 states as long as where i ship is not in the hicks somewhere. Ie: like a semi truck to big 6 wheeler cannot reach. NOTE: to get this deal it must be shipped to a business address a resident address will cost you only $30 bucks for shipping but someone must be there to receive it. also NOTE: these are for Grabber hoods only!

you can’t get a better deal anywhere including fiberglass ones. fiberglass ones will cost you just as much after you fix them to fit and paint them! i don’t know how many people told me they should have bought my hood over the “other” ones. don’t like carbon fiber? you can paint it no problem! still will fit better then anything else out there in the market!

anyhow get them while i have them! there will NOT be another time i will offer this. once the ones in my storage are gone, they are gone! i will make more later but not any time within the next two years probably. i am way too busy making cars for other cars right now.

if your interested speak now or forever hold your piece.

you can PM me here, respond to this post or email me at maverickman@maverickman.com

Ok guys it been sometime but it is done! Sorry this took so long but there were many thing involved finshing it! But never the less it is done.​

Ok let start with photos first!

OOH CARBON FIBER can you say CARBON FIBER? Mustang guys eat your hearts out... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Intergrated Scoops!

Ok more of your guys wanted intergrated scoops... your wish is my command!

[​IMG]

Has the same actual creases as the orginal Grabber Hood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has a Frame unlike other fiberglass hoods!

the frame is made of fiberglass and as you can tell the glass on the frame is finshed smooth!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    It has all provisions for stock hood latches, prop and hinges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOTE: i did come into an issue with two of my own hood latches it took the hood off to one side. i think it was due to the latch becuase i put a thrid one on it it worked fine... i'm thinking the internal adjustment of the latch itself. if your latch does not line up the hood it is very easy to oblong the stock latch holes to slide it to one side. i could never understand why they just didn't make these hoods and latches fit right from the factory. thank god for new cars they just line up ;)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  3. Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    But what about fitment?

ok here you go.

Fits like a glove

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That good enough?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
    palser64 likes this.
  4. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
    Looks awesome! :clap:

Is that a metal mesh in the scoops?

5. htr701

htr701 Mavericker

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    :cheers::bowdown::bananaman:yahoo::drive::dance::bouncy::clap::rofl: that looks fantastic!!!!! How much :D. I think a free trial hood over here is in order to ensure the quality of each hood:yup:.

6. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    That is one SWEET looking hood!:bowdown:

7. 19BlacK77

19BlacK77 Member

Wow! I hope to get my hands on one of these, I have had alot of ideas of what a person could do with one. :yup:

8. Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    How Much? You ask?

$675 just like i promised!

all hoods must ship by truck! shipping is $150 west of the missippi $165 east of the mississippi (did i spell that right? lol!) don't ask me to ship greyhound or some other carrier.

right now i have only one in stock along with the one you see in the photo. i am going to take pre-orders on these if you want these.... deposits are only $50 and applied to your order. note that they are non-refundable if you change your mind. sorry but i can't be making these and the storing them if no one takes them.

eta?

now that the mold is done. it will take me a min two to months to fulfill orders depending on how many people want this. it might be sooner but again it depends.

ok guys don't let me down... you guys ask for it! i made it!

btw i would love to see one of these painted with the orginal grabber stripe pattern left in carbon fiber! OOOOO!

if there are questions ask me on this thread or e-mail me at maverickman@maverickman.com DO NOT PM me.

oh yes i wanted to thank Bob (can't remember his fourms name doh!) edit: i got is fourms name now...lol so thank 302bob for helping out with and for giving me a donor grabber hood for this project. without him this would have not gotten done! Thanks Bob!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  9. mleega1

mleega1 MAVERICK MARK

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick 2015 F150 2003 Explorer
    That is absolutley perfect!!!!!(y) How much?:D I want one!!!

10. RabidCustoms

RabidCustoms sic minds demand sic toys

very nice.(y)

11. dkstuck

dkstuck Member

Vehicle:
    72 Maverick in drag
    Real nice hood! Great JOB!

12. Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    yes i wanted to do it in plastic but the vacume mold would have made the hood cost another 50 bucks probably. so i went with the typical mesh. again you can remove it easy if you don't like it. ;)

13. mean_maverick

mean_maverick Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 4dr
    very nice!! now for the not so good part.... price, lol (y) great job!

14. Maverick Man

Vehicle:

thanks!

read the eight post.. sorry was still uploading and writing the post ;)

15. mean_maverick

mean_maverick Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 4dr
    gotcha! :) when funds become available you'll be the firstt o know ;)