blue book value

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by RUBEN VARGAS, Dec 31, 2004.

1. RUBEN VARGAS

RUBEN VARGAS Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Mercury Comet
    12/31/04

What's the blue book value for a 74 Mercury Comet. The insurance adjuster said if the damages are more than the car is worth, I'll probably just get the
    blue book value. Anybody out there know? Ruben. Thanks. :slap:

2. DAB

DAB MAVERICK/COMET ENTHUSIAST

Vehicle:
    '71 Comet GT V8, 1972 Maverick Grabber V8, 1972 Maverick Sprint V8, 1974 Maverick Drag-N-Fly V8, 1972 Maverick 4-door V8, & 1977 Comet 4-door I6. Also a 1969 T-Bird 429-V8
    Try this NADA website: Bluebook Value

You will have to fill in the specifics.

Hope this helps

3. bmcdaniel

bmcdaniel Senile Member

Vehicle:
    '70 Maverick Grabber
    About 15 years ago my '70 was only valued at $800. Now I don't think they even list them anymore. That's why collector car insurance is so important. Collector cars appreciate in value, Blue Book values depreciate over time.
    Some old guy who was in a hurry to get into a Hardee's cut right in front of me and I t-boned him. My Mav had $1300 damage, bumper, fender, hood. Because the damage exceeded the value, they totaled my car. Even after I explained that my seats cost more than that they still only gave me $800. Then I had to pay them over $100 dollars to buy my car back! When it was all said and done, I was out almost $600 for an accident that wasn't my fault. The guy who hit me wouldn't help, told me to fight it out with his insurance company. I found out he had just gotten his car back from the repair shop two weeks earlier because he had crossed over the line and hit a pickup truck head on. That old guy was dangerous! Might be too late to help you now but in the future consider collector car insurance where they pay you an "agreed value".

4. DAB

DAB MAVERICK/COMET ENTHUSIAST

Vehicle:
    '71 Comet GT V8, 1972 Maverick Grabber V8, 1972 Maverick Sprint V8, 1974 Maverick Drag-N-Fly V8, 1972 Maverick 4-door V8, & 1977 Comet 4-door I6. Also a 1969 T-Bird 429-V8
    Yes, collector car insurance is the only way to go if you can put the car in the garage. :yup:

[This is why I built my garage...well, not the only reason. lol ]

5. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    NADA puts out a book with collector car values. They use a low, average,and high value. "Old Cars Price Guide" which can be bought at news stands is another venue to get values. The problem with them is that they may have a 'book value' but do not accurately show the market value. Sometimes this is good like when they show a '72 Grabber worth $8000 and you need to file a claim. Selling the car is another matter entirely.

6. scooper77515

scooper77515 No current projects.

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    What are good Collector Car Insurance Companies? I am using Progressive for all three of my vehicles, and my worst fear is a fender bender (with 1970 bumpers) that would do severe damage to my car and not be covered.

7. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
  8. funkranger

funkranger Member

Hagerty is a excellent choice for collector car insurance,no mileage limitations