Mean Maverick 1/12 scale funny car model kit

Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Memorabilia' started by custombill, Jul 17, 2009.

1. custombill

custombill New Member

Vehicle:
    All cool muscle cars
    Hi, I've just listed a very nice Mean Maverick 1/12 scale funny car model kit on Ebay if anyones interested, auction #300330921032. I also have some nice 1/25 scale kits from AMT, Johan and such that I've decided to let go. Ohio George Montgomery Multi-Maverick repop kit, War Horse & Johan Super stockers. Haven't listed them yet and would be happy to sell directly. I can take some photos and post them or email if anyone would like. Don't think I have much Maverick diecast that I can remember, but I'll check. Thanks, Bill

2. sgaugeguy

sgaugeguy Bob Kraus

Vehicle:
    1971 MAVERICK 2Dr 44,000 AIR & VINYL TOP
    I might be interested in the Johan kit. Or any stock looking Mavericks, no funny cars. Pics would be good. Im across the river in S. Jersey.

3. comrick317

comrick317 Banned

Vehicle:
    1976 Mercury Comet
    Post a picture of the mean Maverick 1/12 scale please, like to see what it looks like.

4. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    This would be it:
    [​IMG]

5. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    I bought one of those kits when they first came out. Wish I still had it.

6. comrick317

comrick317 Banned

Vehicle:
    1976 Mercury Comet
    I like it, looks cool and it's 1/12 scale or is it 1/25 scale? I would love to get my hands on one.

7. custombill

custombill New Member

Vehicle:
    All cool muscle cars
    Mean Maverick - had to pull the auction temporarily

Hi folks, well due to some technical difficulties with Ebay's shipping calculator and USPS, I had to pull the auction so that I could revise it. Apparently because of the size of the package, USPS Priority mail is extrememly expensive :-(. UPS Ground and parcel post are fine and in the $15 range for cross country domestic shipping. The incorrect shipping costs were scaring potential buyers off. I've since been contacted by several folks who were watching it on Ebay regarding selling it outside of Ebay. I'm going to wait a couple of days before relisting so people can make offers if they want. I know it's worth a pretty good chunk of change from what I 've seen past ones sell for and decent ones don't come up to often. I'll decide whether to re-list after I see what people are offering otherwise. So if any of you guys are interested, give me a shout. You can call me at 484-639-1243 for more details if you want as well. I'm still working on photos of the other Maverick kits I have. Hopefully have some up by this evening here. Thanks, Bill

8. mean_maverick

mean_maverick Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 4dr
    well that's just neat.... and properly named :D

9. custombill

custombill New Member

Vehicle:
    All cool muscle cars
    Hi, finally got the Maverick model kit pic's up. It's all racing related stuff though, I couldn't find any stock kits. The first Multi-Maverick is a newer repop kit. The rest are original issues. The War Horse kit is the same kit as the Multi-Maverick, just different box and decals. All are complete with minor exception. Anybody who wants more pic's, I have them and can email them directly to you, just let me know where. I have lots of Ford/Mercury related drag racing and Nascar kits as well as other stock Mustang, Torino, Fairlane, T-bird & Shelby kits. Too many to list here. If you're looking for a specific kit, let me know. Thanks, Bill

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1678 (2).JPG

10. MAVCARETAKER

MAVCARETAKER Member

Vehicle:
    1977 MERCURY COMET,MAV GRABBER
    very nice kits!

11. 1973Maverick357

1973Maverick357 Cooler then a Camaro

Vehicle:
    1976 stallion,1973 2dr mav,1975 2 dr comet,1964 F100,1970 Mav Grabber
    How much do you want for mean maverick and what is missing?

12. custombill

custombill New Member

Vehicle:
    All cool muscle cars
    The kit is opened and complete. I have checked the parts against the instructions and all are accounted for. It’s in very good condition for it’s age. The tube chassis and motor have been started nicely and are not a glue bombs. The body is nice, straight and un-touched. The decals are there but have had one Lakewood contingency sticker cut out for some reason, and considering their age, may or may not be useable. The instructions are a copied set that have been taped together as best possible to approximate the originals. They should be fine as a building reference if you choose to assemble the kit. The box is very nice with great color and only minor wrinkling and a few small corner tears. I'm planning on relisting on Ebay tonight, but am open to offers beforehand. I've seen this kit in good condition go for several hundred bucks on Ebay before. If you have more questions feel free to call me 484-639-1243. Thanks, Bill