1:18 die cast Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Memorabilia' started by GrabberJoe, Dec 12, 2004.

1. GrabberJoe

GrabberJoe Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick Grabber
    I went to buy some die cast models to give as gifts, and I asked the shop owner if there would ever be a 1:18 model of a Maverick or a Comet. He said it will happen soon, a Maverick is comming but he didn't say who would make it or what year it would be. My guess would be American Muscle '72 Grabber 302 in Green, blue, yellow, red. That would be nice ha?

2. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    That would be awesome since that's the exact color of all four of my 71 Grabbers!!! :clap:

3. Maverick Guy

Maverick Guy Maverick Enthusiast

Sounds great!!! Pretty cool seeing companies recognizing a demand for Maverick/Comet related products. :cool:

4. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    Don't hold your breath - I'll beleive it when I walk into Wal-Mart and see it! ... at least the shop owner knew what a Maverick was! :)

5. MapleMav

MapleMav Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Sprint
  6. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Nice car...hope Dennis doesn't see it. He might buy one and try to compress it into a Maverick. :eek:

7. GrabberJoe

GrabberJoe Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick Grabber
    MapleMav

Yeah, I just saw one on ebay today. Thats a nice model! I made my own Mustang spint using a '71-'72 Mach 1 1:25 kit then using Sprint decals I got form "K.Marks" an ebay guy from WPG, MB, Canada. I also got Maverick Sprint Decals and some Grabber decals from him. They are excellent. I have made a few stock Maverick Grabbers using Johans ProStock kit and retro fitting 69 Mustang parts. You can get a stock Maverick hood from ebay and I cut a "Grabber" hood out of a '72 Maverick Grabber Palmer kit. I also made my own '76-'77 Cobra IIs using K.Marks deacls! As you can tell I have an large model car collection witch includes die cast, kits, and promos some of whitch I have had for 30 years. About 350 models in all! Joe

8. Tim Wilmoth

Tim Wilmoth Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Comet gt
    Goldvarg

Grabberjoe
    You wouldnt happen to know where a fella could find a Goldvarg 1956 Mercury Montclair 2DR HTP would ya? I have looked far and wide to no avail.
    Thanks Tim

9. GrabberJoe

GrabberJoe Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick Grabber
    My Comet gt

I haven't seen the model you are looking for but don't give up. Buy or subscribe to Auto Scale or any model car magazine. In the back of them you will find lists of upcomming toy shows and different events. This is the best place to find stuff or at least ask venders to help you find what you want. I now have my own promo dealer. Magazines also have want ads like real cars you can email them. In 1967 I had a yellow '67 Mustang promo that was stolen out of our car! I only had it 3 days! I was crushed! I was only 11 years old at the time. We could not find another one anywhere. In 1994, I told a friend about this model and while he was at a mopar swap meet, there was a promo dealer there and he said he had one at his shop in perfect shape for $175.00! I later called that guy an now that '67 Mustang is one of my treasures! I took some time but I never gave up! This was before I had a computer or ebay! I have since been able to replace all the promos I had as a kid and then some. Its been fun! I hope this helps you. Joe

10. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    I know what you mean...since eBay, my model car and die cast collection has grown from less than 100 to over 500 cars. And that's nothing but Mavericks, Mustangs, T-Birds, Cobras, and a few more Fords in the mix. Mostly being Mustangs as I started collectiong them about 25 years ago. I never knew there was so many different Maverick models until eBay came along and now I have several different Mav and Comet models.

11. Bum's_Steer

Bum's_Steer Member

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 2-dr. (Grabber clone) 1970 Maverick 2-dr.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  12. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
  13. gunslinger68

gunslinger68 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick-347,tr3550,9in,etc.etc.
  14. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    I think I have them all. Tiger Wheels made 14 different ones that I'm aware of. Anyone have more?

15. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    I don't remember exactly how many different ones there are but I'm pretty sure I have them all. I bought a few dupes so I actually have about 20 in all.