Another Dodge Maverick Part on Ebay

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Grabber75, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Grabber75

Grabber75 Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Maverick Grabber
  2. Grabber75

Grabber75 Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Maverick Grabber
  3. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    Maybe they have an emblem for that Ford Roadrunner we are working on.:rolleyes:

4. T.L.

T.L. Banned

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2-door, V-8
    I can't believe these numb-nutz idiots. One is in Chicago and the other is New Jersey.

How do they figure a Maverick is a Dodge? It doesn't say "Dodge" anywhere on the car? Morons!...
    :mad:

5. Russ

Russ Found On Russ's Drive

Vehicle:
    74 "Bruiser" Mav-
    Not to give these guys any credit, but wasn't that old wheelsstanding pick-up from the 70's called "Maverick" a Dodge?:confused:

6. BluesCityMav

BluesCityMav Member

Vehicle:
    1977 ford maverick,1978 granada ess factory 4 speed, soon to have a 460 transplant,Muahahahahaha!!!!
    get a clue

somebody call these people and tell them to step away from whatever they are drinking or smoking....ITS A FORD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. BIGbully

BIGbully Maverick Maniac

How much are old Maverick emblems worth anyway? I might be sitting on a fortune and don't even know it. :D

8. rcomet75

rcomet75 Member

I would think a Dodge Maverick emblems would be worth big$$ but our Ford Mavericks embelms aren't worth much. Ha Ha, I want a Dodge maverick with a 426 hemi

9. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Re: Dodge Maverick

Well guys, yes and no on the wheel standing Dodge "Maverick" It is a Dodge built and driven by Bill "Maverick" Golden. Nicknamed Maverick because he dared to be different when he first built it. He has been at our track many times for special shows. Being he is from Searcy Arkansas, is a short trip to get here. Has a blown alchohol burning monster motor somewhere around 550 cubic inch, pulls the wheels immediately and holds them for full length of track(ours is 1000ft) seems to me it ran high 7's at 120+ mph on two wheels. He has been doing this for many years and has gone through several of those cab over pickup trucks. Is in the Hot Rod hall of fame as is one of his trucks. Can be seen on their website if memory is correct. Last time here, they performed a wedding on the starting line between two of his friends from Searcy and Bill was the best man(fire suit and all). Last I heard he is building a bigger motor for a new chassis, many have tried to copy his feats in other makes and models but there is just nothing like his own design and abilities to make it go down the strip straight at such speeds etc. Of course I am kind of partial to him because he is just a few years older than myself and still doing what he enjoys. How old is he you say? Seven zero is close if not a bit shy of his real age. And last but not least"Can you say Hemi? thats my boy". :clap: :clap:

10. squeal1

squeal1 Out To Have Fun

Vehicle:
    72 Maverick Semi Mod, 75 Project
    I was told by my father that the tail gate of that truck/van (what ever you want to call it was filled with lead. the motor brought it up and the tail gate held it there and that also helped in keeping it straight down the track. My dad talks about him quit a bit. He said he seen him down at the Gator Nationals a few times, and got the chance to talk with him.

11. Grabber75

Grabber75 Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Maverick Grabber
    hey hey hey if we are talking wheel standers dont forget bob riggles' "hemi under glass" barracuda, i seen this ca rwhen i was a kid at national trail dragway.....as a matter of fact i have a picture of it standing on the rear bumper.....literally all four wheels are off the ground was pretty cool to see something like that in action

12. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Truck is steered with intricate independent rear braking system. Rear is unsprung.

13. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

More Power!

14. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Very old pic.

15. Grabber75

Grabber75 Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Maverick Grabber
    ok here is bob riggles' hemi under glass

notice he is taking down the flags....and the rear tires are about a foot off the ground was an awesome car to watch