my maverick and me

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by cruise65oh, Jan 5, 2004.

1. cruise65oh

cruise65oh Member

Vehicle:
    74 maverick 302 (too cool)
    Hi everybody!! I have been scoping out these forums for some time now, and I decided to finally post something. So back in high school, I was way into Fords, and had a couple of Mustangs. Then my uncle told me about a Maverick a friend of his had for sale for $500. So I went to look at it and found a really unique looking Maverick, although I wasn't sure just how unique it really was. So anyways I talked the guy down to $400, and drove the thing home(with no license plates). Anyways, the maverick was a 6 cyl. 3spd. black and silver Stallion. I drove that car for probably 2years or so, and I mean to tell you I drove the wheels off that poor car. Llong story short, sold the car dirt cheap, then kicked myself in the tail for like 122 years. Finally about 2 years ago I bought a 74 Maverick . It now has 69-7000 shelby wheels and Cougar taillights, and will soon be receiving some fiberglass body pieces and some much needed body work/paint. Well, I just wanted to say hi and tell someone who might care my story.

2. squeal1

squeal1 Out To Have Fun

Vehicle:
    72 Maverick Semi Mod, 75 Project
    Glad you finally came aboard, do you have any pics of your car that you could post would love to see it :clap:

3. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    Welcome! You have found one of the best resources for any Mav/Comet owner. Lots of fun here. You would enjoy being a member of MCCI too. Tons of info and things to do aas well.
    Dan

4. 74Maverick

74Maverick Maverick Maniac

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick I bought for $500 8 years ago when I was 16. Since then I have invested $30,000 into it.
    Welcome Cruise, I'm new to this myself. Never had a clue there were so many other people out there with a love for the Mav. Can't wait to see some pics of the cougar taillights. Heard thats a difficult conversion. 74Maverick, Thom(y)

5. inline6

inline6 Member

welcome cruise.woohoo! another mav fan from the buckeye state!
    you have found the best place for maverick and comet info.the people on here are great and willing to help and lend a hand whether your doing a total resto or just need a little tech advice.no matter what it might be...chances are someone has done it,or it has happened to someone.so post away and
    again welcome and post some pics.take care...chuck.
    oh almost forgot,where is sidney ohio?i'm in geneva,45 min east of cleveland and 45 min west of pa.

6. cruise65oh

cruise65oh Member

Vehicle:
    74 maverick 302 (too cool)
    thanks for the welcome

Hi again! Just wanted to tell you thanks for the welcome . As for the pictures of the maverick, I still don't know how to put pictures on the computer. I am totally illiterate on these things. Bear with me. Sounds like I need to check out that MCCI. From the looks of my first post, I should also figure out how to type. The shelby wheels are 69-70.

7. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    :D bottom right hand corner has my favorite button (edit).:D :D ...frank...:bananaman :bananaman