Blacked-out tail light trim

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by fixmer, Aug 11, 2004.

1. fixmer

fixmer Member

Vehicle:
    71 Maverick Grabber
    Greetings,

I noticed Mr. Hines has black tail light trim on his beautiful grabber. I have a '71 grabber with chrome trim, but I can see that the rear has been subjected to some kind of trauma...looks like it got a little crunched at some point. One of the pieces of tail light trim on my '72 parts car is black. My '71 is green with a black rear panel. So my question is...

What years did Grabbers come with black tail light trim?

Thanks,

Denny Fixmer

2. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    From what I have seen the rear panel is painted to match the hood stripe and/or side stripe color. If the rear panel and stripes were black ... the rear light bezels were black. If the stripes and rear panel were any other color ... the bezels were standard chrome. Hope that helps ... What color are the stripe on your Lime Grabber? Are they green?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  3. fixmer

fixmer Member

Vehicle:
    71 Maverick Grabber
    The rear panel is black on my car, and the stripes are black reflective...so it sounds like I need some black trim. I wonder if I could sandblast the chrome off of regular ones...not sure. I saw an NOS bezel just sold on ebay, but I didn't know what was correct. I think the chrome looks fine, but I also like the way the black looks on your car.

Thanks,

Denny