1st junk yard run!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by aaronv8, Apr 22, 2004.

1. aaronv8

aaronv8 New Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    Hey everyone, as some of you know I just bought my first Maverick and I'm really excited to start workin on it. This weekend I think me and my buddy Shrek are gunna go to the junk yard and start huntin down clutch parts and v8 parts since my Mav is a 6cyl auto. Before we go, I need to know exactally what I need to get to swap my car from an auto to a 4 speed toploader. Duh the tranny and the clutch and break pedal assembly, but what other parts do I absolutly need to snag while I'm there? Also I was wondering, will any other clutch pedal assembaly work from another car, like a mustang or something? Just incase they don't have any Maverick pedal assemballies. (sorry about all the bad spelling, crappy english teachers lol) K, thanks everyone.
    -Aaron

2. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Only a pedal assembly from a Comet or Maverick will bolt right in. Anything else will take some modification. You will need the linkage which will include the cross shaft, a frame mounted trunion, and engine mounted trunion, and upper and lower shafts. A 302 linkage is real hard to find but a 6 cyl set up can work with a little modification. You could also go with a hydraulic set up in which case you wont need any of the linkage.