Bad power brake, manual trans info

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Thack, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Thack

Thack vision advicator

Vehicle:
    71 2 Dr Maverick, 70 Mustang Sportsroof, 77 F100 4x4, 72 maverick grabber wifes
    Last week the question was brought up having power brakes and a manual trans.

I said there were two ways to do this well, I was wrong. I am helping a maverick brother do this mod and I realized you can only make this work the way I did it to our maverick. And it would have to be hydraulic also.

As Mavaholic stated the brake pedal goes down the left side of the colum. Even after I bent it so it would be alittle closer to the colum, it is still in the way of the hole for the clutch rod. I did make enough room for the the clutch pedal.

To make all this work, as I did before, I will weld in a new clutch pivit. It will be forward of the brake pedal, the clutch pedal will be welded to a pivit shaft. Where the clutch pivit shaft comes out the other side (right side of the colum) there will be a small lever. The lever will hook up to the clutch master cylinder. The master cylinder will be mounted to the colum firewall plate in that ear.

I should have some pictures by the end of the week so this will make more sence.

Sorry for the bad advise, I hope nobody has cut any holes because of what I said.
    Tom H

2. Thack

Thack vision advicator

Vehicle:
    here's a picture of the pedals, it looks like they are close together but they are not. The brake pedal moves toward the steering colum, plus I have made the clutch so it can be adjusted left or right alittle

3. Thack

Thack vision advicator

Vehicle:
    This lever will hook to the clutch master cylinder, the mustang kits have the master cylinder at an angle so it will come threw the ear on the colum plate

4. Thack

Thack vision advicator

Vehicle:
    This shows the tube for the clutch pedal

5. PINKY

PINKY .....John Ford.....

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    Mr. Hackmann is a very smart guy!
    He REALLY takes advantage of his machines he has at work!
    Looking good Tom!
    Are you going with the same
    styling design" as Tammy's?