Got my Carbon Fiber Hood today from MaverickMan

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by CornedBeef4.6L, Jun 23, 2006.

1. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    It looks awesome. This hood without even test fitting looks way better than the Glass Grabber hood I got from U.S. Body Source 11 years ago. The lines are very clean. There was a very minor scratch on the cowl part. I am pretty sure it will polish out and was likely a result of packaging and shipping. I want a discount nevertheless:evilsmile Are you listening Derrek?:D

I like the over all construction. It is fairly rigid for a glass/carbon fiber hood. The cowl shape is very asthetically pleasing. It is the perfect size at 3 inches and anything bigger IMO would look tacky unless you had a full out race car. It will help complete the look I am going for with the current restoration of the "War Machine" which is "old school new"

What is "old school new" Since I just coined this phrase (as far as I know least ways) I will define it as such. Staying true to the original lines and over all look with some modern touches,(Carbon Fiber,17 inch Magnum 500 Billet aluminum wheels, Modern brakes and suspension without over doing it as "restomodding" IMO has started to do)

Keep on Mavericking!!!!!!!:bananaman

2. luckyirishpride

luckyirishpride "Youngest Comet Owner"16!

Vehicle:
    2x 1971 Mercury Comets Both V8s, P/S/, A/C
    AWESOME! I'm definately jealous. I want one, and could get one(only an hour drive from me) but, just too much money at the time being. No use putting a really nice hood on a car that looks like crap paint wise.(See Bottom \/)

3. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    Amen to that brother:yup:

lucky, you do your changes before paint so you can color match the necesary parts(y)

4. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    It takes time. My car currently is on an almost 12 year old paint job and a half arse attempt at resto (I beat my car and used to drive it 4 or more times a week) and looks less than sensational now. I am hoping to have this resto done in a year but will likely drag out to at least 2. My point is be proud of what you have and always keep in mind you can work hard and in time make it that"vision" you have inside your head;) . I like your car and am glad to see some younger guys getting involved with Mavericks. I know a guy in a corvair club and there have been no new members joining that club for many years. He is the youngest at almost 60.

5. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
    :ttiwwp:

At least a peek at the war machine;)

At least you have paint:D

[​IMG]

6. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here
  7. 69 ina 1/2

69 ina 1/2 Fox body nut!!!

Vehicle:
    691/2 maverick (sold to Mad Goon), 89 mustang coupe, 89 mustang GT, Gas-guzzlin' 05 Ford f150
    Barely:biglaugh: , But I cant talk...mine is multi-colored:D

8. 69 ina 1/2

Vehicle:
    691/2 maverick (sold to Mad Goon), 89 mustang coupe, 89 mustang GT, Gas-guzzlin' 05 Ford f150
    cool vid! But I must admit, I'm feeling a little let down.....There is no big freakin spike on the front of your car, what gives?:huh:

:evilsmile :D Your car is nice(y)

9. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    Kids! :slap:

:rofl2:

10. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    I keep the War Axe mounted to the Trans Tunnel almost like a Fire extinguisher:evilsmile :D :rofl2:

I will have a rather nice picture painted on the underside of the hood or a the trunk lid of a Skeleton Steer Breathing fire from it's nostrils and a muscle bound Warrior weilding (but of course) an Axe of War. I donlt want it on the outside of the car so as to not take away from the original look. I am currently looking for the right artist.

11. luckyirishpride

Vehicle:
    Ya! I am definately proud of what I have, and hopefully, will get paint on it this summer. My friends tell me to just go get a Maaco paint job... but I want something more. Something that I can be very proud of, and something that will compare to the life of the engine(cuz we know these ford's run forever!:clap: )

I have the new interior, new wheels,and even a MaverickMan© Fiberglass spoiler(on the shelf in my bedroom, haha)! So, yes, I am very proud of it, and I am looking forward to the work that I am able to put into it, and get out just what I want. And hey, even now I get guys that like my car, and especially like the fact that it is me who uses the wrenches, not the head mechanic at the local 76 Station!

Thanks for the motivation!!! :dance: :dance:

NOW LET'S GET THIS SUMMER OF FUN STARTED!!!!

And, I am hoping to get my sister to tape my burnout, because i still have those bald tires mounted on the factory wheels sitting next to my house, begging to be smoked!!!

P.S.-Anyone got any advice on how to do a burnout... I'm only 16, and nobody in my family is offering lessons!;)

12. Green Monster

Green Monster Exposed to Radiation.

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick Grabber
    It was nice to get a look at "The War Machine". Good looking car! For some reason I expected it to be red. Perhaps one day we shall see how it does against Evil Green Monsters, HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!! (MAD LAUGHTER)

13. 69 ina 1/2

Vehicle:
    Dude, why didnt you mention that? My nieghbors love when we do that:evilsmile

14. luckyirishpride

Vehicle:
    I didnt have the right tires that day... I SHOULD TRY AND INFLATE THOSE ROCKET WHEELS THAT I FOUND ON MY NEIGHBORS SIDEWALK! THOSE WOULD BE PERFECT!!!!

15. 69 ina 1/2

Vehicle:
    Do I see a bench race coming?:evilsmile

:D hell yeah!!!!