How many Message board members does it take to change a light bulb?

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Russ, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Russ

Russ Found On Russ's Drive

Vehicle:
    74 "Bruiser" Mav-
    1 to change the light bulb and 1 to post that the light bulb has been changed
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
    7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    53 to flame the spell checkers
    41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
    ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
    156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"
    109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
    203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped
    111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy> the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
    27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
    3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"
    4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ
    44 to ask what is a "FAQ"
    4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    143 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
    1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all

2. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    Could you repeat that, please? ;)

SOME boards are like that - that's why I enjoy getting on this board. For the most part, everyone is civil and don't get all worked up over little things.

I always view the classifieds in a couple of local boards (Houston, TX). A lot of times, these kids wanna sell NICE stuff for next to nothing (even trade for beer posts :eek:).

I sometimes wonder over to the 'open forum'. Man, talk about DRAMA! Jeez!

But I have to agree, places like www.DFWstangs.net and www.corral.net do exactly what you described.

People hiding behind their pc's.

Rick

3. Todd

Todd Mavchanic

Vehicle:
    blue 70 two door
    I guess we have a winner of a board here don't we?!

-Todd:)

4. Lightning

Lightning Member

Vehicle:
    1971 comet GT
    This isn't a message board ! It is a forum !

5. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    It is SO a "message board" you idiotic moron! WTF do you think "MMB" in "http://mmb.maverick.to" means? "Maverick Message Board"!

Just a sec....hhmmm...

Oh yeah, "I'm calling you out!". Meet me at the Wal-mart parking lot at 10:02:34 tonight. Don't be "skeeeered". Note: You gotta give me real-estate. I can use the dope and someone elses car (I don't have one of my own right now but I will in a couple of years - maybe). You have to run on motor only, retard your timing to -10 degrees. You also have to run your front runners on the rear, and I get the move. Dont' be "skeeered!"

One more....

That POS you drive is a slug! You did everything on it wrong that was possible. I know it, EVERYbody knows it.

Hang on... (please be patient with me as I'm not quite used to this sort of thing).

Oh, yeah, my girlfriend and your momma are doing things they shouldn't - basket weaving passed 9:00 on week nights. You know it's so, don't deny it!

If I'm not at the Wal-mart parking lot by 10:03 p.m. tonight, I'm probably basket weaving with your mom and my girlfriend (my g/f just came in and said for me to type that or go to bed. Otherwise, the race would be SO on, DOODE!)

I've attached a picture of my friend's buddy's Uncle's car so you'll recognize it in the parking lot (if I'm allowed to go).

;) ;) ;)

6. CometGT1974

CometGT1974 Gearhead

Vehicle:
    74 Comet GT
    I'm confused!!! (scratching head)

7. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Rick dude, Come in outa da sun once in a while.

8. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    I feel like I walked into the middle of a movie. If I didn't know better, I'd say Rick's off his medication. They do wonderful things with the Zene sisters these days. You know...Thorazine, Stelazine, and so on.

9. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    LOL guys! Just having fun and playing on the drama theme of other boards.

You guys know me better than that. Rarely do I get upset. I'm too old and life's too short.

/me takes meds and goes outside for fresh air

(It is SO a message board! ;) )

10. comet dad

comet dad Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Mercury Comet
    well now

:rolleyes: O.K. I am on one message boar.....I mean foru.....uh, chat roo....um, kinda bunch of people talkin' 'bout their cars thing on the 'puter. And if the other "places" aren't like this one, then I will not go there. I like this group, helpful and fun. I have a question, but I want to check the tech forum first. lol:p

11. Lightning

Lightning Member

Vehicle:
    1971 comet GT
    right under mmb it says maverick/comet Forums .

So what if I did everything wrong on my car It is still more leet than yours !!!!!

Now I know who your g/f is . I feel soooooooooooooooo sorry for you doooooooood ........ not !

J/K

Last edited: Aug 16, 2003
  12. scott

scott Member

Vehicle:
    1970...302 c4 hookers dynamax (for now)
    rick your a dik... i seen you drivin a chevelle while wearing a mopar hat with a "i luv rice" shirt on!
    (hmmm where do we start? your is spelt wrong. spoz to be "you're"
    seen sould be saw and although the mopar hat is questionable, the chevelle thing was almost as low as the rice shirt...) this isn't too fun. i like this board