Engine assembly.....

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by car-nut, May 21, 2010.

1. car-nut

car-nut Glenn

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    Lately I have not made much progress on the Mav. Between work, side jobs to pay for the Mav. and doing a little work on my 47 I haven't been able to spend much time on the car itself.

What I have been doing lately is putting together my first engine build myself! I have had my brother in law guiding me through the process, but I have done everything myself, and it feels good:dancing:. I have done engione work here and there before, but never a complete build. On this car I wamted to be able to say that I built the entire car. The only other thing I will have to farm out is the seat upholstery.

So here we have a 1989 Mustang 5.0. When it came out it was a really good clean strong running engine. It had 192k on the clock. But during disassembly we were quite impressed with how clean it was inside. It must have been a very nicely taken care of car. I did send the block and the crank out to be checked. The cylinders only needed to be honed, and the crank turned .10. I have added GT40P heads, an E cam and a 94-95 Cobra intake. I also picked up a March Serp. system for it.

The long block is all ready to go. The water pump and pulley set up are just mounted up to check it all out and see how everything fits together. I am now beginning to reget the Cobra intake as I am just now learning that the throttle body I have doesn't fit a 94-95 intake. Can you hear that sound..............that is the sound of more money flying out the door:rolleyes:

Looks good I think so far though!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
    That's pretty! I wish Ford had of made a more balanced intake for the FI though, like Chevy did for it's tuned port. I never have liked Ford's offset "T" intakes....they look lopsided to me. Equal length runners topped by a plenum with the TB in the front just looks more balanced to me.

3. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Lookin Good!! :thumbs2: