Brazilian Integral Tachometer Modification are now being offered

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by cactusgrabber, Jan 30, 2012.

1. cactusgrabber

cactusgrabber Member

Vehicle:
    72 Grabber
    I am now ready to start doing the Brazilian Integral Tachometer Modifications, for other members.

*** If you are ready to place your order, post your message that you have PM'd me for an order in the other official Parts Sub-forum Ordering Thread located at this other link please:
    http://www.maverick.to/mmb/showthread.php?p=847758#post847758

*** Please do not place orders in this current discussion thread.

* Ask questions about this Modification either by PM, or in this current discussion thread please.

brazillian_tach_with_custom_overlays_for_maverick.jpg

The Original Thread on the first Tachometer Modifications is located here with alot of info, and Instructions on doing the modification yourself:

http://www.maverick.to/mmb/showthread.php?t=81768

*** I will give the members that were the first to express interest in the main thread, a chance to get in line first, but will take as many following orders that come in, in the order that they pay.

Price: $ 150 Money Order Only, shipped to me in the same box as the rest of your items. PM me if you just can't use a Money Order.

1. This includes: the Modification, a new Installed Brazilian Tachometer Overlay, Touch-up of the Dark/Orange-Red Fluorescent Paint, so the 3 Instrument pointers match, if you want it (Tachometer, Fuel Gauge, and Speedometer), and Bench Testing of the Installed Tachometer. My picture above does not show my pointers painted with the new paint, but the paint is a perfect match to the Factory fluorescent paint, and looks just like what you see on the above Speedometer pointer.

2. This does not include: (What you need to provide) The added price of shipping your Instrument Cluster back to you with Tracking number, AN EARLY STYLE (Green Colored) Maverick/Comet Instrument Cluster, A new Sunpro Super Tach II, and a Spare Maverick/Comet Speedometer Pointer to go on your new Integral Brazilian Tach. I will not be able to do this modification without you sending me all of these items. There are several members that can sell spare older style Mav/Comet Instrument Clusters, and spare Mav/Comet Speedometer Pointers on this forum. Hopefully, this helps them with more iTrading.

3. PM me with your zip code, so that I can give you a final price quote, and mailing address, for shipping the parts to me, and completed unit back to you. Make sure to Bubble Wrap your Units, and use care in packing. I will ship your completed unit back in the same box, if I can.

4. I prefer to have you ship these to my nearest Fed Ex, or UPS shipping Center, so that your box is not left unattended outside of my house, in case I am not home when your box arrives. I also prefer that you NOT ship with US Postal, so that I don't have to stand in a long line just to retrieve your box, if I'm not home when it arrives.

5. If you don't mark your name on your Cluster, I will mark your name on the inside of your Instrument Cluster, in case I have multiple Clusters on my work bench at the same time, so that I get the correct unit back to its' owner.

6. This modification is VERY detailed work, and the Clusters are VERY BRITTLE, so know that you are sending me your Instrument Cluster with the risk that I might damage it beyond repair or modification. If this happens, I will send your $ 150 Money Order back to you, along with your damaged Cluster, but I cannot replace your damaged cluster.

7. I will ship your Sunpro Tachometer Wiring Instructions back to you, if you have not removed them when you ship your Tach to me.

8. I Plan to shorten the Tachometer Pointers enough, to match how much the Numbers are covered by the pointer on the Speedometer side. If you want a custom length other than this, then let me know ahead of time, and also let me know if you do not want the paint touched up on the 3 pointers.

9. I do have free time on the weekends, and some week nights, so I should be able to turn these around fairly quick.

10. Be Extremely careful when removing your un-modified Instrument Clusters, and Extremely Careful when re-installing the Modified ones. It is not a bad idea to Black Tape up the back side the the Sunpro Tach circuit board, when Installing in your car, to prevent any electrical shorts, in case you forget to power everything down when working.

***If you want to do the modification yourself, and order just an Overlay only, the order
    thread is located here:
    http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?t=83655

Thanks! Roger

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. Pony Express

Pony Express Haul'in @**

Vehicle:
    1976 Maverick
    Message sent, thanks. :)