1/4 pannel repair

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by elliot, Sep 12, 2006.

1. elliot

elliot Member

Vehicle:
    76 4 door 347 paxton and t56
    I now see why most people pay body shops to do this kinda stuff because it freakin sucks !!!! The right 1/4 pannel is off the 69.5 parts car I had and the left side was redone with some scrap metal . Its been a little too cool out to put any filler on but I hope to get it done this weekend :)

Attached Files:

2. lngroller

lngroller Member

Vehicle:
    74 Comet 2dr 250
    I'm about finished my left side and getting ready to put a right side on. I REALLY feel your pain.

It's looking good keep us updated

3. mav1970

mav1970 Bob Hatcher

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 393 Cleveland Stroker
    Is there a source for full or partial quarter panels anymore? Both of mine need serious work.

4. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    I feel your pain! I am definately paying someone to get the drivers side of mine right. No serious rust, just a poorly done repair after the car was lightly side swiped or something.

5. Sam M.

Sam M. Just a nobody

Vehicle:
    1972 Black Comet EFI 2-Door, 1975 Blue Maverick factory 302 4-Door
    Elliot,
    I know some great mechanics who can fix most anything, but are intimidated by bodywork. The more you do, the better you'll become at it. It's a good skill to know, and will save you lots of $$$. I know I get a lot of satisfaction from doing my own "fender banging". Stick with it, you've got a good start!

6. Comick76

Comick76 Grease Monkey

Vehicle:
    76 Comet
    I'm one of those mechanics. I say " I an make 'em run but I can't make 'em pretty". Although just jumping in and fixing stuff is how I learned about motors and EFI and all that other stuff. Keep at it and it will get easier.

7. Comick76

Comick76 Grease Monkey

Vehicle:
    76 Comet
    I'm fairly certain Auto Krafters has quarters. No idea about quality tho and probably a little pricey.

8. Greg

Greg Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    I have just completed putting two quarters on from Autokrafters. Definetly a learning experiance. If any of you see my car you will see what I mean, although it came out good enough for daily driving. The steel was a lot thiker than the original metal, some say that is good some say thiner in easyer. I will find out in the months to come. I bought a quarter skin for my neiphews ranchero from JC Whitney and it is a lot thinner gauge steal then the ones from Autokrafters. Jumping it to it with as much information as you can seams to be the best way to learn. Sooner or later you have to stop reading or watching TV shows on "How To" and just do it. Just be prepaired for some imperfection.