1972 comet seats

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Lord-D, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Lord-D

Lord-D Member

The seats in my comet are horrible. They are ripped, and the foam smells like cigarettes. What seats from other cars can I get to put in? I have bench seats both front and rear, but am open to changing the front seats to bucket seats.

Also, the vinyl top of my dash (there's probably a specific term for it that I don't know) is VERY cracked. Is there a source for a new one, or a way to make a new one?

2. Fordmaster169

Fordmaster169 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1969 1/2 MavPro Street Project, 1972 F-100 stepside 4X4, 2015 F150 4X4, 2ea 2001 Ranger 4X4 extended cab step sides
    There are many bucket seats that you can make work to put in the car that don't have to be Maverick/Comet seats. It has everything to do with how imaginative and mechanically inclined you are.
    As for the dash pad, they make a cover to go over the top of the dash pad to make it look like new again.
    Look in the for sale forums here and on EBay and you will find everything you need. You can also put an ad in the parts wanted section here to find some.

3. Lord-D

Lord-D Member

A Bit of Necro-threadia

So, I kinda need specifics, especially for the rear seats. I've found that
    Mitsubishi eclipse, 2000 firebird, laser, and 84 tercel seats will work, but I don't know if those are only the front seats, or if the back seats will work too?

Has anyone used the aforementioned seats in their car? What about the back seats?

Has anyone completely removed the back seats from their car, and if so, what have they been replaced with?

4. PAINTANK

PAINTANK Cometosis Obsessivus

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet 2 dr
    I have 80s 5.0 Mustang GT buckets in mine. One red and one blue...both passenger side...black seat covers.

5. mjm0395

mjm0395 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Yellow Comet, 1966 Ranchero
    I have a set of maverick bucket seats I would get rid of, I put in a set out of a 74 pantera and they look nice.

6. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    I have '96 Honda Civic seats in my car. They are a bear to get in, but worth the effort. They are more comfortable than any Ford seats I've tried. Just have to put them on angle iron and the slides on the bottom.