1973 Maverick Restoration Progress

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by CCC, Jan 12, 2004.

1. CCC

CCC Member

Vehicle:
    1973 4 door 66,000 mi exceptional original 302 auto green Restored. 1967 Mustang Sprint 289, Packard 1937 120 touring
    Well "DADDY"s 1973 Mav. is making progress. The engine is ready to install. We made some minor engine horse power improvements that my son thought necessary, dual exhaust, a matching set consisting of a 4 barrel carb & intake manifold/ cam & fuel pump. The engine got dressed up and looks like new. Not shown yet are the custom "MAVERICK" valve covers purchased from the Maverick connection.
    The car has it's new pearl green to gold paint that is just breath taking. The original vinyl top is pristine white. We are waiting on a shaded windshield that will be installed before weeks end.
    Then we install the engine. The new triple chromed mirror finish bumpers get installed. The grill has been reworked also, with solid black and amber directional lights with chrome horizontal bars.
    Then all windows will be tinted. The wheels, we have not yet decided , we are considering the pros and cons of staying with the Maverick hub caps or upgrade to a matching mag or
    what-ever??? If anyone has an Idea for the wheels please respond. See up-to-date pictures here http://www.quiltintime.com/maverick.html

2. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    :D ccc, that is one clean 4dr. looking forward to seeing the end pics. what is the paint code on that green?...frank...:bananaman :bananaman

3. CCC

CCC Member

Vehicle:
    1973 4 door 66,000 mi exceptional original 302 auto green Restored. 1967 Mustang Sprint 289, Packard 1937 120 touring
    Thanks ......The paint is a custom blend, I'll get back to you when I talk to the artist Shawn " Peoples Auto Body Restoration" and get the base code. I know the additive for the green was a "forest green" my wife wanted Gold, I wanted green and this combo was our compromise. Wayne

4. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Factory 302 Mav. 1970 Cougar Eliminator, 1975 302 Grabber, 1976 4door 200...and still looking
    Lookin good! I wish I could find a 4dr in that good of condition. Paint color is awesome...

5. MapleMav

MapleMav Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Sprint
    That's an awesome looking 4-door! I can only hope that mine will someday look anywhere near that good.

6. T.L.

T.L. Banned

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2-door, V-8
    You should shave the door handles on the rear doors...That's what I'd do if I had a 4-door...

7. John A Fasig

John A Fasig Member

Vehicle:
    several plastic and tin
    fishing time

CCC
    What kind of fish is that? Would you catch one for me next time you go.? Your car is lookin' good.:clap:

8. CCC

CCC Member

Vehicle:
    What kind a fish is that?

Well, its a 84" Sturgeon that had to be released it was over size. The picture was captured with a Cannon sure shot??? The odds of capturing that shot with the fish fully extended tail kick out of the water is about 1 in a million. I'll be out on the water in about 2 weeks that's when the Sturgeon start their migration into the bay.
    Thanks for the compliment

9. riporter

riporter Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick 2 dr. modified street cruiser, 72 Comet tube chassis drag car
    Triple C that is one fine Mav...Kudos on a great job...I'm anxious to see that engine installed:clap: :clap: :bananaman

10. CCC

CCC Member

Vehicle:
    Engine install

This Sat.

11. 74Maverick

74Maverick Maverick Maniac

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick I bought for $500 8 years ago when I was 16. Since then I have invested $30,000 into it.
    CX3, That car is lookin good man, engine looks good too. Your deffinitely going about it the right way, engine compartment painted too sweet! I like green too and mine is with gold flake the color was actually called yellow green but when you get close you can see the gold flakes shimmer in the sun. Its a beautiful thing. Good Luck, 74Maverick Thom

Attached Files:

12. CCC

CCC Member

Vehicle:
    Just got it home

Tomorrow, Aaron my stepson and I will put the beast together. Exciting project that's coming to an end. Your Mav must have some of the same characteristics in the sun as this paint job, it explodes into an array of green to gold. The base is really the 2 parts the original, with 1 part forest green, then 3 coats gold pearl and 3 coats clear then cut and buffed. Thanks for the compliment, yours looks very nice also.

13. wardf

wardf Ward Frahler

Vehicle:
    70 maverick
    CCC, good looking 4 door!! Great looking car, I should say! Hey my grandfather lives in Tigard and sturgeon fishes also. he recently sent me a few pics of 2 8ft and one 9ft that he also had to release. I remember seeing the huge captive at the bonnieville dam, heard years back on the national news someone climbed in the tank and killed it for kicks.:mad: Anyways, looks like you are both having a great time with this project!!:)

14. CCC

CCC Member

Vehicle:
    It's almost fishin' time

Thank you from the "STURGEON GENERAL"!

We'll roll the "4 door" off the trailer in about 1/2 hr. put motor in and then we'll drive it to the paint shop this afternoon and get the hood installed.
    This project started about the end of Aug. 2003. And is coming to conclusion. Have a great Day

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  15. 74Maverick

74Maverick Maverick Maniac

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick I bought for $500 8 years ago when I was 16. Since then I have invested $30,000 into it.
    CCC, It sounds really close to what was done with my car. Cant wait to see some pics of it in the sun. Thats if the shine doesnt break the camera. lol. So you got it home but still have some work to do right. Keep your thread updated its looking real good. 74Maverick, Thom

Attached Files: