2010 Mustang arrives at dealers - Who will win the muscle car sales war?

Discussion in 'Ford Industry News' started by Mav.bot, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Mav.bot

Mav.bot Member

Filed under: Car Buying, Ford

[​IMG]
    2010 Ford Mustang at the dealer - Click above for high-res image gallery

We got the word a few weeks ago that the 2010 Ford Mustang was on its way to dealers, and now we have the first visual evidence that the cars have arrived. We spotted a handful of the new pony cars, mostly V6 models, at Galpin Ford in Van Nuys, CA over the weekend. While our time behind the wheel of the Mustang GT left little to be desired, there are still quite a few questions to be answered. First, what are dealers going to do with all of their 2009 models? We noticed dozens still on the lot, and it's going to be harder to unload them the longer they go unsold. It will most likely take some pretty insane prices to motivate potential customers. Second, will the 2010 Mustang help increase the model's sales numbers? The last few months have seen record low sales for the Mustang, and it remains to be seen whether the refresh will boost sales. Both the 2005 Mustang and Shelby GT500 had a fairly hefty market adjustment when they first came out, but we doubt dealers will benefit from such profitable margins with the 2010 models. Lastly, and most importantly, who will win the muscle car sales war? The Dodge Challenger (SRT8, R/T, SE) actually outsold the Mustang in the first part of 2009, and it will be an even more competitive market with the arrival of the 2010 Camaro. We've decided to put it to a vote, so hit the jump to make your voice heard on our Camaro vs Challenger vs Mustang sales poll.

Gallery: 2010 Mustangs arrive at Ford dealers

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

View Poll

2010 Mustang arrives at dealers - Who will win the muscle car sales war? originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

2. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
    I saw a 2010 Mustang on the road Thursday in B'ham. The front end is OK, but the rear is even uglier than the pics show. The rear is no longer flat, but breaks at an angle in the tail lights, and it looks goofy. I doubt it will help the sales much, may even hurt them....

3. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Maybe it will grow on me over time, but as of right now, I don't like it at all.

4. ratio411

ratio411 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Sprint and 1975 Maverick
    I picture a 1994-2004 Stang mating with a 2005-2009 Stang, and this is the ugly kid.;)