2014 Car Shows - Michigan Mick

Discussion in 'The Trophy Room' started by mstolarc, May 23, 2014.

1. mstolarc

mstolarc Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT (clone)
    After an unbelievable winter (#1 in snowfall) it was nice to get to some indoor car shows to kick off the 2014 season. The first show was April 18-19 and the second was May 2-4. The shows were sponsored by my car club (United Street Machines Association) and were benefit shows for the Shriner's. The smaller trophy in the first picture was a memorial award that I won in honor of one of our members.

They were judged by our club judges and the ole Comet took first place in my class (71-74) at both shows. I'll be missing another judged show tomorrow since I'm still waiting for my seats to be re-upholstered, should have them back on Wednesday.

trophy_4-20-14_024_original.jpg trophy_5-6-14_037_original.jpg

2. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
    Way to go Mick! (y)

indoor show! Must be nice .......... :)

3. mstolarc

mstolarc Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT (clone)
    Thanks. Yeah our club starts off the year with the indoor shows. Unfortunately one of the places we use just got sold to Menard's, so next year I'll only have one indoor show and it will probably be Easter weekend.

Since my car will be basically done this week, I'm toying with the idea of taking it to Autorama in Detroit next year, just so I can say I've done it.