69.5 turn signal lites as running lites

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Jimmy2gates, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Jimmy2gates

Jimmy2gates Member

Vehicle:
    71 mav
    well guys ,i want to through this idea out at you guys for opinions ,im going to put a 72 grill with amber turn signals in my 69.5 and rewire the old clear turn signals below the bumper as running lites tied in with the head lites ,what do you all think of this idea. :cheers: Outlaw Jimmy2gates

2. stephen

stephen jet mechanic

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick
    I was going to to do the very same thing before I realized that grabbers are done the other around and decided to do it that way. I believe that Frank's (patches) car is done that way.

3. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    71 and 72 grill lights had both the running and turn signal filiments tied together at the plug, so they would be a little brighter when lit. Thats why they were refered to as "Sport Lamps." They were wired to come on with the parking lights but through a switch under the dash. That way you could switch them off if the desire was such. All grill lights after 72 were wired separately because the running/turn signal lights under the bumper were eliminated. Its real easy to make them work any way you want them to.

4. PART-TIME

PART-TIME Member

Vehicle:
    Grabber Clone
    I perfer one or the other, but not both of them together. At night when they are turned on it makes the front end too busy with lighting.

JMO

Ken