70 & 71 Wheels the same?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Xtasea, May 4, 2005.

1. Xtasea

Xtasea Member

I have a question, I am ordering babymoons for my 71 Mav...Well i called the guys at Coker and asked them which ones I would need, etc...they said that all they had was up to a 70...My question is, wouldn't they be the same....werent the facotry wheels the same for the early 70's?

2. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Could be the 70 was for 13" rims. Although I've never seen a 13" wheel on a maverick, all the brochures claim it is the stock size.

3. Grabber75

Grabber75 Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Maverick Grabber
    they my be referring to the hub hole size but that didnt change until they put the discs on the cars. measure your hub and call them back and ask them what size the hub hole is. more than likely if you have a disc conversion they wont fit your car.

4. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    The hub hole size shouldn't necessarily make a difference with the hubcap size. You need to first check, like Dennis said, if it's a 13" or not. I don't recall any 13" either. You might want to measure the circumference of the inner riser that the half caps attach to at the lowest spot to the wheel itself. There are other places to get moon caps other than Coker likely at a better price.