72 comet project (finaly motivated again).

Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Projects' started by Kutlass, May 30, 2010.

1. Kutlass

Kutlass Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Comet and a 1978 f150
    dscf0039_original.jpg Well its been awhile since ive been on here, and awhile since ive work on my co dscf0038_original.jpg met. Ive decided i cant keep both my cars so i gotta pick one. Id rather keep the comet over my old 78 f150. When my comet is finaly rea dscf0040_original.jpg dy to drive again, ill sell the truck and put the money i get from that into the comet. So my parents went on vacation last weekend and dscf0039_original.jpg they keep on saying they cant stand how the comet just sits in the garage. so while they were gone i gotta few freinds together, and tow dscf0039_original.jpg ed it to my freinds shop about 20mins north of where i live. He has more room and better tools so it makes more sence being there.

dscf0037_original.jpg dscf0038_original.jpg dscf0039_original.jpg dscf0039_original.jpg dscf0041_original.jpg dscf0037_original.jpg dscf0037_original.jpg

I think next time i tow one of my cars, ill trust my own truck, that little S10 was bouncing up and down like crazy. Anyway, the steering is all put back together, im trying to get it running again. Somthing wrong with the battery or the cables, i dont know, havent messed with it much yet. Im going back on wednesday to work on it some more. ill post more pics then.

2. Cpt. Bondo

Cpt. Bondo Member

Vehicle:
    (2) '72 Comet GTs, 68 Mustang
    Glad to see you're rebuilding the Comet. I've got 2 72 GTs myself.

Being the former owner of an '88 S-10 and current owner of a '98 S-10, I have to say the biggest thing I would pull with one is a medium size boat. You're braver than I pulling a car with one!

Oh, you won't be alone sitting there shouting jump. I would be right beside you suggesting what type of dive to try on the way down!

-Scott H.

3. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Wow, no way I would have pulled that thing with an S10. Brave!

Keep us updated on the progress with it.

4. CaptainComet

CaptainComet Large Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Good to see you back at it!

If you get down to my neck of the woods, let's get together. I can show you all the stuff I have gotten done here ... help keep you motivated. (y)

5. Kutlass

Kutlass Member

Vehicle:
    lol, i love that as my signiture. but ya that s10 was crazy. I found out after that his motor caught on fire the weekend before. next time in deffinitly using my truck next time. a big old f150 with the towing packege and grany gears shouldnt have a problem.

thanks. i would of sworn he had a different truck, but guess not.

thanks man, i mite be headed to lkq in a couple of weeks. Ill give ya call.

Thanks again guys.

6. Kutlass

Kutlass Member

Vehicle:
    Well small update, its runs but only when i pour a little gas in the carb. So im thinking feul pump?

7. CaptainComet

CaptainComet Large Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Maybe fuel filter, too. Pull the coil wire off, so that the motor can't run, Disconnect the line going to the filter, have a container ready, crank the motor with the starter, and see if the pump will get gas to that point. If it seems like a decent amount of gas being pumped, the filter is likely the cause.

8. Kutlass

Kutlass Member

Vehicle:
    thanks for the tip, i tried that today and still nothing came out. Ive got a fuel pump on the way. i went ahead and replaced the filter too.