74 headliner

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Gary Stewart, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Gary Stewart

Gary Stewart Member

Vehicle:
    74 comet gt
    installing head liner seems fearful,, my retirement project is my 74 comet gt..i guess i have to remove front and rear glass anyhow to replace the seals..after that doesnt seem like a tough installation..and the caution seems to be ripples after the installation..hopeing to install sound deadening to roof and floors,trunk like i did in my 68 cougar..mabe the cougar thick material will work under the mats and carpet in the cabin..seat covers for high back buckets appear to be early 70s mustang..i am hunting a set of blk or dark blue 3 point seat belts if any one has a set to sell..any one have a grant wood steering wheel used will be ok.???please post..thx

2. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    if i ever had a to do a headliner i'd probably consider paying someone else to do that part of the resto

ps, i just put 68 cougar short back buckets in my car yesterday. they feel really nice

3. ATOMonkey

ATOMonkey Adam

Vehicle:
    '69 & 1/2 Maverick
    Depending on how much work you like to do....

You can always use chip board and glue to make a late model type headliner. It's a lot more work, but it goes in and comes out much easier than the old bows do. Just throwing that out there.

4. ratrodjake

ratrodjake Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick 250 I6
    those are like mustang seats, arent they? can i see a picture, i've been wanting mustang seats in my car.