77 bucket seats

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Eboe, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Eboe

Eboe Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    I have a 70 mav and am puting 77 bucket seats in it. what do i have to do to make that work and what kind of seat covers would fit a 77 bucket seat???

2. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    you need to drill 4 extra holes, 2 for each seat on the inside. the outside holes should already line up

3. MaverickConnect

MaverickConnect The Maverick Connection

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber, & 1971 SuperGrabber
    The bottom frames and seat tracks on the 74-77 buckets are completely different than on the 71-72 bucket seats, which still don't fit perfectly in the 70 floor pans either. The tracks on the left side of the right hand (passenger) bucket seat will be way different than your floor pan and will require some serious spacers in order to be used. You might be better off to sell the 77 buckets and find some 71-72 buckets with tracks that will fit better. If you are bent on using the 77 buckets, set them in the car first and you'll see the problems you'll run into, then you can start working on a suitable spacer which you'll have to fabricate yourself.

4. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    To follow up on Chuck's post: 1970 Maverick never had bucket seats from the factory...hence.....the floorboards are complete different than the 1971-1974 style and the 1975-1977 style. Even if you had Maverick bucket seats.....I am not sure if they would be any easier than installing ANY bucket seats from another car.

5. Eboe

Eboe Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    we have to replace the driver side floor board but would it be easier to replace both sides. (the floor boards would come from the 77)

6. MaverickConnect

MaverickConnect The Maverick Connection

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber, & 1971 SuperGrabber
    If you replace your 70 floor pan with the 77, then you'll cure the seat fitment issues. I'd replace the whole front section, both sides, for best results. Good luck!