Another Question

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Saul, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Saul

Saul Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a rebuilt 200 6. Currently restoring the body and interior.
    On my Mav there is a panel behind the bumper that joins with the front fenders just below the signal lights (please see the picture below, it is the panel with the red arrow pointed at it). I am wondering how hard it is to remove this panel? Do you have to remove the bumper to get it off? There is rust in the seam between this panel and the fenders that I would like to clean up.

BTW, this picture isn't of my car, it looks a lot like it except the one in the pic is in better shape. ;)

Attached Files:

2. AdsMav

AdsMav Member

Vehicle:
    1976 Maverick
    That's my car! You can tell by the stance that the 250 is already gone to make way for bigger and better things!

As for that panel, if you look behind it you will see a little brace with one bolt in each end. Where the panel meets the fender, there is 2 more bolts. They have 7/16 heads on them I believe. You might have to take a screw or 2 out of the chome that goes around the wheel well if you have it. That's it.

3. Saul

Saul Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a rebuilt 200 6. Currently restoring the body and interior.
    Thanks for the tip Adam, and for the use of your car. :D