blocks, dash painting, door sills

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Rogue302, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Rogue302

Rogue302 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    Hey guys,
    new to the forum and a new proud owner of a 72 maverick. Just looking for a little advice getting started on some small things.
    * where do you guys jack up the rear end from in order to install lowering blocks?? Normally i would use the axle but seeing how that needs to be free to move up, where else can i put a jack stand?
    * has anybody painted their dash while in the car? Id like to just remove the dash pad, gauges, ect. and respray while i have the carpet and seats out. I know in order to remove it fully the glass needs to come out and my windshield is in good condition so i dont want to go that route. Any tips?
    *has anyone tried to sand and polish their door sills? Seems simple enough but im not sure if they have some special coating or anodized from the factory.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. rthomas771

rthomas771 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '74 Maverick 302 5-Speed.'60 Falcon V8. '63.5 Falcon HT
    New sill plates are cheap enough to replace than spending time restoring old sill plates.
    Put jack stand on front spring eye to install lowering block.

3. Rogue302

Rogue302 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    Thanks,
    Ill probably still try and polish my sill plates since its winter here and i have plenty of time to work on little things i can bring inside.
    Anyone have any insight about trying to paint the dash while still in the car?

4. mvw66gt

mvw66gt Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    71 Comet GT
    You should be able to paint the dash in the car. Just mask off what you don't want to get overspray on. - Matt