Boomerangs

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 302mav76, Jun 14, 2007.

1. 302mav76

302mav76 Isaac Serna

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick
    Do the boomerangs have a use???:huh: I like the look of them ONLY with the LDO trim.

I'm saying this because I'm getting the mav painted, and this is what I want to do with the maverick:
    -Paint: 2005 Ford Mineral Gray
    -Small bumper conversion
    -Semigloss 70 grabber stripes on the hood
    -Chromed front bumper
    -Blacked out grille, headlight buckets and bezels, and splash shield
    -Blacked out tailight panel and tailight bezels
    -Body color rear bumper
    -Body color drip rail with the trim off
    -Boomerangs removed :hmmm:

and that's for now...I'd like more things done to the car but they'll have to wait until I get a job. Then I'd be able to accomplish the whole damn thing. :D

I'm going to the shop this saturday to take some pictures of the progress that has been made. The car was originally from Mexicali, Baja California, it's close to the sea, and there was a lot of rust under the car :mad: . Fortunately the bodyshop does high quality stuff for old cars,and the guys from the shop are welding new metal to the mav.

Sorry for all the story, supposedly the thread was just about the boomerangs and it ended with all that crap above. :rofl:

2. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    i have seen one car with the ...boomerangs deleted. i had seen the car in the show eariler and didn't see they were gone. M.A.V asked what i thought about them and i went back for a 2nd look. it looked good (y)

...:bouncy:...

3. Rando76

Rando76 Member

Vehicle:
    Collection of Mavericks and Comets
    You can also paint the boomerangs - like the Sprints and the Stallions. Just an idea.

4. Slk70

Slk70 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    either way is ok. Totally personal preference. My car was painted and the rings were left off for a while (until I installed them) and you really could not tell the difference or see that something was missing. I had thenm redone/polished and they look good. I think it's preference...

Also, if you do decide you don't want them, have your paint guy cover the holes. Good luck with the paint...

5. 302mav76

302mav76 Isaac Serna

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick
    thanks for encouraging me to do it, I wasn't sure if they had a function as the drip rail does. I'm gonna tell the paint guy to fill the holes then.

Thanks a lot!