bucket seat tracks?????

Discussion in 'Technical' started by weirdone, Jan 15, 2010.

1. weirdone

weirdone gear head

Vehicle:
    75' maverick: i6 250 2 dr, 71 maverick 302 2dr.
    ok so i have corbeau racing seats, and bucket seat tracks matching my year, '75. Of course my car has the cat hump in it.

Does anyone have pics of a mav flooring, that has the cat hump and bucket seat tracks installed in it?? Ive tried to do the install myself and the seat just isnt seating level. so im lost and flustered.

thank you.

2. Matterick

Matterick Matt Somerville

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick 302, 1971 Maverick
    do you have the one big riser/bracket for passenger seat?

if i remember right. i think it looks something like this: Untitled.png

i cant find my pics of my old set i use to have...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  3. weirdone

weirdone gear head

Vehicle:
    one of the tracks does have a riser on it. ill have to take a pic of them and the floor tomorrow. its makin me upset i cant get them to sit right.

4. CaptainComet

CaptainComet Large Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Hoping this helps ...I took some seat tracks out of a Granada with a cat hump.

Unlike earlier tracks, the bigger rear riser was attached permanently to the inboard passenger seat track. It it had a power driver seat, and that whole side was very different, but I would imagine that a manual seat track for that side would also have the big riser attached in the back, and maybe the little bell-shaped front riser still seperate, like the earlier tracks.

So to sum it all up... the outboard tracks should mount flat to the floor. The drivers inboard track should have some way to elevate the front about an inch and the rear two inches. The passenger side inboard track would just have a rear riser, and might be a couple inches longer than the others because of the different mount at the hump.

Also, the tracks will tip the seat back a little by design (maybe 5-10 degrees).

Here is a pic of the passenger side Granada tracks.

cat_tracks_pass2_original.jpg

Here is a picture of an earlier LDO set. It goes from passenger side outboard to drivers side outboard from top to bottom. Seat fronts would be on the left side.

ldo_seat_tracks_4_original.jpg

Best of luck getting it sorted out.

5. weirdone

weirdone gear head

Vehicle:
    yes i have those seat tracks, only problem im having is mounting them to the floor. i dont know where on the hump the thing mounts too. this is y i need a pic of someones floor with the tracks mounted to it minus the seat in the pic.
    no matter where i try to mount my tracks the left side is never level with the right. its mind boggling :taz:

6. Matterick

Matterick Matt Somerville

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick 302, 1971 Maverick
    if you have everything in this picture, then theres no reason that i could think of for why it wont bolt down level.

heres a picture i took right after yanking a complete set out of a catalytic converter mav. :)

Seat Tracks 004.jpg
    Seat Tracks 009.jpg
    Seat Tracks 010.jpg

7. weirdone

weirdone gear head

Vehicle:
    thats what i have. its still not sitting right now. maybe my hump is extraordinary larger due to it being in calif? lol well back to the drawing board, thanks guys.

8. CaptainComet

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    There was something odd about the forward mounting point on the hump ... I want to say that there was a nutsert pressed into the floor.

As far as locating them goes ... all the rearmost bolts should be in a straight line. Using the bench seat holes, the outermost tracks drop right in. If this width on your seats where the tracks mount to the bottom is the same as factory seats,14 inches, you ought to be OK. If a different width, that may be your problem.

Here is a handy tech article ...
    http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?t=52511&highlight=bucket+seat+width

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  9. weirdone

weirdone gear head

Vehicle:
    the article helps a lil, but not much. yeah the hump is crazy looking and the track doesnt sit right on it. that is why i need a pic of someones floor with the tracks installed so i know how they did it.

10. CaptainComet

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Another theory .... whoever removed that track had a rusted bolt going into the nutsert (or couldn't figure out that one odd fastener... can't get to it from under the car like the others) and bent the end up getting the track out. If so ... you might need to tweak it back into shape. Is the angle of the end similar to the ones in the pics that we posted?

I had to do that to a 72 Mustang to get one of my seat frames ... the floor was really rusty, and I had to get pretty rough with it to get it out. Gave up trying to save those seat tracks.

11. Hottrod1991

Hottrod1991 Member

Vehicle:
    73 maverick
    just wondering if pinto seat tracks will work corbeau has them for 71-74 and 75-80 i'm sure the earlier ones will be a perfect fit? as i plan to get the sport seat as it looks identical to the current benches in our mav

sorry to kinda hi-jack

12. CaptainComet

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Pinto seat tracks place the seat too far back, and you have to drill new rear holes. Had them for 10 years ... hated them. I am 6'1" and had to have the seats on the second notch from all the way forward.