Bumper ?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 19Grabber72, Mar 7, 2009.

1. 19Grabber72

19Grabber72 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 Door Sport Sedan Grabber
    I think I know the answer to this but wanted your input.
    I found a Maverick with decent front bumper, and a slightly pushed in rear bumper no rust or crease (both have no pitting)--wonder how much I should pay. Also, from reading this site am I correct to think that a 69 bumper will fit on my 72? As best I could see the tag on the inside of the door read 2/69--didn't know Mavs went back that far.
    How about the rear tail light housings, they should fit on my 72 also. My housings were painted by the guy before me--the ones in the yard look like they will clean up. How much should I expect to pay for these?
    The grille is gone, but the metal piece between the grill and bumper is good too. Mine the guy drilled a couple of holes in it, thought I might pull that too. What should pay input?
    One more item, the under dash tray. It looks the same as mine, should fit yes? I just hope it will clean up nice. Funny, the car interior was red, the tray black, as was the horn pad in the steering wheel but the wheel was red. The seats (trashed with mold or something) are a red, white, black plaid. The car is a white/creme color, couldn't read it on the door tag.
    Thanks for any input.
    Oh, I think I found a guy to do bodywork and paint--hope to get that going and will do the pic thing as it happens.
    Thanks everyone!

2. 1973Maverick357

1973Maverick357 Cooler then a Camaro

Vehicle:
    1976 stallion,1973 2dr mav,1975 2 dr comet,1964 F100,1970 Mav Grabber
    69 1/2 is when mavericks first started

3. BluComet

BluComet New Member

Vehicle:
    73' Comet 4dr 302.
    Bumper???

Hey 19grabber72 I found a decent front bumper(but not perfect)off a 72 comet(has a few more curves than a maverick bumper)at a very reputable auto salvage in Saskatchewan, Canada. I was charged $75 CAN. with brackets and hardware.....I think I got a deal though?

4. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    $50-100 bucks (maybe a bit more, hard without seeing them) for the bumpers, grab all the brackets and stuff that you can, always good to have extras.
    The tail lights housings will work, there is a difference in the lenses on the real early Mavericks, but it's so small, you have to really look for it.
    $20 for the grill support..not worth much more than that.
    As for the under dash tray..I have no idea, I've only ever had on, and it's on my 73.
    2/69, I'd be surprised, they started production in March of 69, maybe write down the serial number?.?..

5. 19Grabber72

19Grabber72 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 Door Sport Sedan Grabber
    2/69, I'd be surprised, they started production in March of 69, maybe write down the serial number?.?..[/quote]

Well I thought it was odd that it was 2/69--maybe it just looked like a 2 and was 12 with the 1 worn off.
    Thanks!