Changing Interior Colors

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by CACollo, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CACollo

CACollo Member

Vehicle:
    1969.5 Maverick
    Just wondering what the best way to change interior colors would be. I guess i could always find some black interior panels, but is it possible to dye the ones i've got and end up with almost the same effect? I have them painted now and they just don't hold up to the abuse. I will be switching from maroon to black, and i already have the seats taken care of....just the panels are left.

2. RudyD

RudyD Pretend Mechanic.

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick.
    I used some Dupli-color vinal paint, lasts about a year before needing repainted on the panels, absolutely perfect for changing the color of the headliner, lasts a looooooong time up there and still looks good.

3. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    I agree entirely. I've used the vinyl dyes with excellent results. I just redyed my work partners fender flares on his Wrangler and they look great. The trick is to apply them right. Make absolutely sure you clean the panels very well first and let them dry completely. Use light coats of the dye until you get the desired coverage. If you want to replace them though, I have a complete set in stock in black. You can e-mail me at fordexchange@aol.com. I think you'll be happy with the dye. It certainly will cost you less than replacement.