Cheap, Good Looking Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Darwin'sheros, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Darwin'sheros

Darwin'sheros Member

Vehicle:
    1974 302 Maverick
    If you're like me, the very thought of putting ugly fabric seat covers that are droopy and poorly fitting because they were designed for modern high-back seats over your beautiful vinyl buckets is gut-wrenching.
    So even though my LDO's are torn and in need of a reupholstering, I've avoided seat covers for some time now.
    But something changed. You see, about a week ago I saw some vinyl half-covers for just $20 a seat at WalMart. I decided to buy one on a whim just to see how well it would fit, as I could always return it if it didn't look good.
    Needless to say, I'm surprised buy just how well these things go over my 74 LDO low-backs. So I went back and got a second.
    Here are some pictures. They're not very good as they were taken with limited light in my garage, but trust me: these fit much better than I could have ever hoped.

On a minor note: my seats don't have headrests. I don't even know how they install on LDO's, and I'm not really interested in doing so as I know a place that will pass me on safety without them. These covers have holes on the top for headrest guides, but I don't see any spot for the poles to go on my seats. I noticed there are holes with a base on the sides of the seats, and my buddy tells me this is where an arm that goes to the headrest might be install installed. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I don't know how or if these covers will interfere with headrests. Good luck!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Not a seat cover as much as it is a seat "pad". As long as you are happy...that is all that matters.

3. jncastell

jncastell Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick Grabber Clone
    I like them kid, seat pad or seat cover if it helps prevent more wear and to buy time until youve got more money saved. Are those LDO sets? Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's of to WalMart I go.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011