Clutch Pedal Removal

Discussion in 'Technical' started by 289Mav, Dec 5, 2004.

1. 289Mav

289Mav Member

Vehicle:
    72 Maverick Grabber, 66 T-Bird, 2004 Mach 1 Mustang
    I've got a manual car that has been converted to a C4 Auto. Can anybody give me some advice on how to get the clutch pedal out? I'm a few seconds away from taking the reciporating saw to it. But I would like to take it completely out (the correct way). Any advice would be appreciated as always. Thanks!

2. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    Get yourself an Automatic Brake pedal and pedal shaft ... You will need them to remove the clutch pedal. To the right of the brake pedal you should see a red clip. Remove the red clip and the clutch pedal will slide out to the left. Once the clutch pedal slides out your brake pedal will drop out as well. Position the replacement brake pedal in place, slide the pivot shaft through and re-install the red clip.

3. 289Mav

289Mav Member

Vehicle:
    Thanks....Do know if there is a way to keep the manual brake pedal and still remove the clutch pedal? If not I may try to fab something up. I honestly haven't gotten into this too deep. I've been doing the floorboard and it's been swinging in front of me....Thanks again!

4. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    You could keep the small brake pedal but you would still need the pivot shaft or just cut the clutch pedal off ...

5. 289Mav

289Mav Member

Vehicle:
    Thanks....I don't know why but I like the look of the smaller pedal...like I said right now the floor is the priority but it always leads to something....believe it or not this all started this summer when I decided to re-wire the car. I didn't realize how bad the floor was until I tried to unscrew the dimmer switch and took a chunk of the floor with it...now I've put in an EZ-wiring harness, autometer guages, rebuild the carb, re-plumbed the fuel lines.... I'm almost done with the driverside floorboard and the passenger is next, oh and I'm also fabricating new brackets for my seats - guy that had the car before me used blocks of wood (that were split in half)....like I said. It always leads to something else