Considering a "Two Tone" Paint Scheme

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by JPL, Oct 20, 2012.

1. JPL

JPL Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Ford Maverick "Police Edition"
    Well, as many of you know I recently picked up a well known 75 Maverick (4 door) beatiful solid black (well done paint job) V8 302 "sleeper" (y). The car looks great "As Is" but we always want to make some changes to make the care "yours" :dance:. So....................keeping most of the exterior black paint and not messing with the "like new" beige interior (y)...I'm thinking of a "two-tone" scheme :yup:....."black and beige". At first it doesn't sound matchable :hmmm:....but there actually is a Ford Arizona Beige and Black scheme offered on the Ford F 150, and it looks great (y). I'm looking for some comments, positions - considerations, possible "two tone" pics and really would be nice if there was a site out there where you can change the two tone combos....just by clicking and changing. Any comments appreciated.

2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.

You asked!!

I say leave it as is. Beige just wouldn't look right in my opinion on THAT car.

3. JPL

JPL Member

Vehicle:
    Appreciate your input...and actually I agree....but then started to think what to do again to put my "Personal" touch on it. It is great as it is. I mentioned before that I am and have been a commissioned deputy (somewhat retired - active in Auxilary Dept.) for nearly 30 years and was going to add some police items, e.g. interior cage (removable) with a "gun rack"....grill mounted "strobes", possilbe exterior spot lights (black).....maybe an "old school" under-dash mounted radio......a good friend of mine has recenlty been elected our new Sheriff and we were going to use the car for parades etc....but then I like it just for a nice cruzer.....just rambling and thinking out loud....but need to "make her mine"...No two tone ??????????????????????????

4. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet
    Two Tone Paint ?

Pick your color combinations and let 'er rip ! ! I two toned my Comet Black and Green and it turned out o.k. , I've seen others that looked just as nice..Just MHO .. Make it YOURS !
    Cometized

T

5. JPL

JPL Member

Vehicle:
    Be a winter "think-it-over" project........again, I want to keep the majority of the ext. black (to good of a paint job) and the fact that the interior is beige and like new...want to stay with that....so...black/beige is what I am looking at....but again....just not sure.

6. Jsarnold

Jsarnold Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Sprint
    Check out Chirt's car. :thumbs2: Since you're starting with black you might reverse the colors. I really like black and grey.

7. junrai

junrai Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mercury comet 1972 comet gt
    you could do a full police cruzer with it the seventies style bubble gum machine lights on top beige doors everything else black and oldschool siren and push bumpers. and dont forget the white lettered tires :D and duel exhaust sticking out the back :cool:

kinda like a smokey and the bandit cop car

8. JPL

JPL Member

Vehicle:
    Well.....if I go the "Police" route I'm going to keep it a somewhat "un-marked" unit....detective special.......all black, black spot lights, hidden strobes....cage inside....woud have to get some normal steel (black) wheels and just put some "dog dish" caps on it....maybe a whip antenna...who knows. How to I look at Chirt's Maverick...you got a site.

9. Jsarnold

Jsarnold Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Sprint
    There are several pictures of his car in his Gallery.

10. junrai

junrai Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mercury comet 1972 comet gt
    that would be cool get some of those lights that the newer cars use that go in the visor or behind the grill and dont forget the headlight strobe set up to make them flash or you can go with the red light under the rear view mirror:cool:

I hate seeing cop cars behind me but they are so cool looking when you think about it especially the unmarked cars that are completely different than the normal crown vics
    I especially like the new california highway patrol dodge chargers with the new vinyl graphics. even though they are marked theyre still cool and look like theyll chase you down in anything you can pull out :biglaugh:

11. JPL

JPL Member

Vehicle:
    Exactly...and as I mentioned...I remain somewhat active with the local Sheriffs Dept. (partially retired Deputy) and still have my commission....using it in the local parades (4th of July etc.) would be fun and I think very unique. I mean come on now...when was the last time you seen a 1975 Ford Maverick (Deep Black) "Police Interceptor" unmarked unit...strobes flashing, sirene blasting....throwing candy out the window in your local parade.....huh........when........NEVER !