Cruzin' to Colby 2011

Discussion in 'Other Maverick and Comet Clubs and Events' started by Grabber71, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Grabber71

Grabber71 Milique Toast

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber Maverick 351w
    Pacific Northwest Maverick & Comets...May 29 & 30, 2011! Still a few months off..but Helen from the host club offered us(Mavericks&Comets) a better place to park this year and was wondering how many were expected to make it! Plus there is still plenty of time to get something planned and get your car ready to go! So this is your wake up call! Who is going or planning to go? We had some baaad weather last year but still about 6 cars make the trek down from Canada and about 13 cars show up at Dennys before the cruz and more at the show itself! I am hoping for more this year! What do you think? ...can we do it? ...can you help make this the best cruz yet? Here is the link: http://www.seattlerod-tiques.com/cruzin.html

2. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    As usual I will make it, I thought we ended up with a good place to park last year after I moved our location :) I was going to send an email to Helen and get us a spot this year as well but you must have beat me to it.

With as many new members in Wahington we should be able to up our number by a few, so come on gang put it on your calander

3. Thomas

Thomas Member

Vehicle:
    73 maverick
    I am looking forward to going. I should have some of my projects completed on the mav by then.

4. doncraft

doncraft Member

Vehicle:
    1970 maverick 68 Ranchero
    I don't think my car will be ready for the road by then, but I'll be there.

5. Matterick

Matterick Matt Somerville

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick 302, 1971 Maverick
    Sweet! good to hear! :dance: I'll be sending emails out to all the mav/comet people that are part of the forum to let them know :yup:

6. Thomas

Thomas Member

Vehicle:
    73 maverick
    Hey Matterick, if your going. I'm sure your car will be one of the highlights of the event. I want to see that new 347.

7. mjm0395

mjm0395 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Yellow Comet, 1966 Ranchero
    I will be there!!! :bananaman

8. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    Here is some correspondance I have received from Helen, sec for hosting club.

Hi Mike,

I received your pre-registration and I'll send out the confirmations next week.

I know your group is Mavericks, do you also have some Mercury Comets? I thought you had a couple in your group last year.

I have a pre-registration for a Maverick Comet, he doesn't belong to your group but would like to park with you if possible.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

Helen

Hi Mike,

I'm usually at the registration table. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn from Friday May 27th thru Monday the 30th.

Wayne, Lonnie, Wendy and myself have been working on the site map and we are trying to have your group park closer. The reason we had you on Rockefeller was the length of the street, we didn't know how many of you there was and the ease of entrance to the special location. We can use California the East side of Colby, the same block as El Paraiso Restaurant. The street isn't as long, I believe we can park at least 20 cars there. Do you think that will work for you? We will have a separate entrance, so you would not be coming in on Colby and Pacific. The mavericks/comets will have a special entrance, but still need to be parked by 8:00 am, as it will be too hard to save that street once the cars start coming in at 7:00 am. You will have to have the special entrance because the vendors will be in the way if you come in through Pacific/Colby.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. As I said, the confirmations will be mailed out this week, so if this works for you, I'll get going on that form. If you want to stay where you were last year, you can, just let me know.

I'm also Sec/Treas/Webmaster/Board of Director for the Washington State Hot Rod Hall of Fame, and the annual awards banquet is at the Holiday Inn on Saturday May 28th. Please check out the website www.washingtonstatehotrodhalloffame.com if you and some of your friends would like to attend, I'll check with Steve, the Chairman (who has the seating chart and ticket availability).

9. grabberguy16

grabberguy16 Member

Vehicle:
    72' 2dr Maverick,70' 2dr Maverick
    Im so happy im going to make it! almost finished the car for its inspection! only a few more things!

10. Shaun MAVMOD

Shaun MAVMOD Member

Vehicle:
    2 door 1970 Maverick
    (y)I will defaniatly be going this year. I will have my 70 Maverick this time. I want this year to be great so everyone who can please come to Colby. First I need to fix a head issue with the stock 200. All the Valve seals were in pieces in the oil pan and pump screen. I plan to do a lot of custom work on the Mav,but at the moment that's on hold. Unfortunatly it costs money and I don't have anough yet. I have almost finished put together an 88 5.0L engine. I switched it to Caberated. I will try to post a few pictures if I can figure out how to do that.

11. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    I'll be there as usual...

12. Streetdeacon

Streetdeacon Streetdeacon

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2dr.
    I am hoping to make it his year again. I need to get a ap. printed out and mailed in. Last year was a good time. :dance:

13. Matterick

Matterick Matt Somerville

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick 302, 1971 Maverick
    So far sounds good! Ok so what time at Denny's? I wanna send out the mass load of emails to everybody I've ever seen logged in here thats capable of making it!:D

14. Grabber71

Grabber71 Milique Toast

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber Maverick 351w
    What time did we meet last year?

15. Streetdeacon

Streetdeacon Streetdeacon

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2dr.
    I think it was about 10 am and the cruise started around noon or 1 pm. That is on sunday, right?