Dash Pad Metal Base

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by kukm66, Nov 25, 2004.

1. kukm66

kukm66 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber, 1964 Falcon Futura Convertible, 1964 Ranchero
    I tore off the dash pad as it was completely dry rotted. There is a metal base that attaches to the dash with what appears to be bolts which are affixed from the inside. I noticed slots every inch or so at the front of the lip. Also, on each side was a protrusion from the side which might attach to the inside of the dash also. Can anyone who has removed this piece give a step by step before I have to use trial and error?

2. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
    There are 9 studs and the 2 end screws. Once everything is removed, the dash pad will lift out without much effort. If you feel resistance, it probably means you missed a screw or nut. Keep a good count on what you remove and it will be easy. As stated, take your time, it's not that hard.

Fig A shows a cut away veiw of the 2 side screw locations. The 9 studs are at various spots along the length of the pad. The worst to get at from my memory is the one by the factory radio speaker.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  3. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    hi,
    do a search at the top for ...dash pad...then go to page 2....go down to ...2825 bulbs installed...and click on it. that should get you going (y) ...frank...