Dropped my seats off to the upholstery shop

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by CornedBeef4.6L, Feb 14, 2006.

1. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    They will be done in CarbonFiber Balck and Carbon Fiber Race Blue.I didn't ask a price so hopefully I won't get raped:coco:

2. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    Uhh humm. I see. And how long have you had this problem?

(unless :2cents: is "no problem").

Good luck. Have your camera ready for pics!

3. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Good Luck, in 50 years from now you wont think it was too bad.

4. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    (3) 71's,two V-8's and one 200 cid
    You didn't ask what it cost? Is there a reason for this?,I don't get it

5. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    What's there to get. I have learned one thing in the car restoration scene. If you have to ask how much you likely couldn't afford it the first place. I can afford this as I have been saving for quite sometime. I know the guy that runs this shop so I know he will be fair. I will have pics as soon as they are done. I told him no rush though. I still have to drop off the door panels too...

6. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    That's an old saying that's been around for a long time I'm sure, but it simply isn't true.

I can afford a lot of things - that doesn't mean I won't get an idea of how much something is going to cost before I hand over something of mine for them to work on.

There's your reason for not asking - you trust the guy to cheat I mean treat you right. Would you not ask "how much" if it was someone you didn't know at all? C'mon - be honest.

How much? :D :drink:

I'm right, you're wrong and there's nothing you can do about it. :bananaman

7. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    " I told him no rush though."

Cheez! I don't get this either! No rush, no matter what it cost, I trust him, man you must have a job that pays you too much and you don't care who takes it from you and don't care how long it take's to be disappointed.

8. RabidCustoms

RabidCustoms sic minds demand sic toys

sounds like he must have a good working relationship with his upolstery guy.
    I'd have asked for a rough price range, but I dont see any issue with dropping things off and saying "no rush" ...especially if your not at the point you need the stuff back right away. no point in rushing and either paying more for the rush or getting poor quality in return. alot of places(bodyshops EXCLUDED-never tell a body shop take your time :rofl2: ) when you tell them no rush, have things back to you faster than you need and are more willing to work with you later on, and gives them more flexibility to work their schedules.

9. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    First off I have seen his work first hand many,many times. Second I do work for him and his clients. I am not concerned with price. If he did try to rip me off, which is not likely, I could just walk away and not pay and lose 200.00 worth of seats. Big deal. I have been in the Automotove field since I was 15 and building cars for myself and others since that time as well. I have enough insight as to know what I will likely end up paying. I am on an average income and budget things out. I told him to take as long as he needs. I'm in no rush. I hate when people tell me "Lance" please rebuild my suspenison NOW, only to put off picking up thier vehicle for weeks or months. In fact I have a Dodge Stratus that has been at my house for 6mths. Time to get a Mechanics lien. When he calls me to say they are done I will run down and pick them up. So Tom if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  10. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here

Rick I have always found when I have to start asking and price shopping it has always been out of my budget. So I have to respectfully disagree with you. I never walk blindly into anything. If this had to do with say, oh I donlt know,perhaps Wood carvings(I am clueless about them)I would be worried. In this case no fear, no worries,the guy does superior work which I am fully prepared to pay for since I want this coming of the Mav to be the vision I have stuck in my head. I had a dream and all that......:D

11. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    How old are you now, may I ask?

12. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here

Yea Body shops are always 6weeks.That really equals 6 mths or never:biglaugh:

13. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    Going on 30, so yes Rick I am wet behind the ears compared to some of you "old guys":D but just remember I fix on average 5 cars a day, and have for the last 12 years. I was an "apprentice" 3 years prior tothat.I have restored or helped restore at least 10 cars, have done several fuel injection swaps,mostly 5.0ls. The last car I helped restore took First place at the calvalcade of customs last year. I got the"gift". It aint braggin if you can back it up.:evilsmile But I digress.....
    My Mav was something I threw together 10 years ago. It was my first and worst attempt. I felt ashamed to take it to the round up as it in no way showed my real talent. 2007 will be different. I will make a bold statement and predict I will place in the top 3 in the semi modified, or modified catagory. (y) I love bench racing.... :drink:

14. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    I didn't ask a price so hopefully I won't get raped:coco:

Those are your words!

15. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    Said in jest:rolleyes: :lolup: Boy you guys will buy into anything:biglaugh: