Dupli-Color paint

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Racer_X, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Racer_X

Racer_X Maverick Hugger

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick (1970 clone)
    i have been seeing cans of duplicolor(not the spraw can, the stuff you use in a spray gun) Auto paint in the autoparts store and i was wondering if anybody has ever used any on their car and also is it as good as it says it is or is it crap, the low price of it makes me suspicious:16suspect

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/psFinishSystem/

2. 70Maverick70

70Maverick70 The faster the better!!

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    I was curious towards that paint as well. Apparently the paint looks nice once it first goes on. But isn't as high grade of a paint as it says it is. Even if prep'd well if any gas gets onto it the paint basically gets erased. Some said they used a high grade clear coat on the paint. But after a year even with the clear coat on the paint started to chip off.

Just a heads up! You're probably best off going to a paint shop and buying professionally mixed paint. You pay abit extra but you still saves tons doing it yourself! Also you get to choose your own colour and not some "pre mixed" colour that's mass produced. Also remember if you want a quality job the most important part is prep work!! prep prep prep! :)

3. Racer_X

Racer_X Maverick Hugger

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick (1970 clone)
    i figured that lol, it sounded way too good to be true. thanks for the info

4. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
    That is their Paint Shop line. It is lacquer based paint, so it will not be as durable as enamel or urethane based paint. My car was painted with lacquer almost 27 years ago. It is still very shiney but has chips and cracks, but it has been in a garage most of those years.