EARLY MAVERICK REAR BUMPER

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Pete21136, Jul 6, 2024.

1. Pete21136

Pete21136 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Comet
    am curious to know if anyone in the group saw the facebook ad this evening for an early rear bumper. The guy was in Illinois and had photos of a rust free bumper that appeared to be slightly bent above the license plate indentation. Someone questioned him if it was indeed bent which he denied. I replied that if it was in fact not bent that I would buy it and wanted to know how to pay him. He responded to pay him through zelle or cashapp. When I told him that I had neither one but could pay through paypal he said that he didn't have paypal and shortly thereafter removed the ad. I am thinking that this could have possibly been a scam since he only wanted $150. with free shipping. Any thoughts?

2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    It was a scammer. That Maverick Facebook page you found it on is full of scammers.

3. airford1

airford1 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    Facebook market place is real bad. I won't deal unless it's local in person. Zuckerberg is full of false information as we know.