Eastwood sale on Devilbiss Guns

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Acornridgeman, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
    Just received an "e-mail ad" from Eastwood.

This is for anybody out there that is thinking about getting their own spray equipment and doing their own paint work. Eastwoods' has a sale right now on a pair of Devilbiss spray guns. On sale for $94.99 for 2 guns and support tools, with storage case. I love Devilbiss guns and think this is a great deal for the average hobbist.

[​IMG]

2. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    One day, with lots of practice and hard work, I might attain that "Average Hobbyist" status. :(

I've got ye ol' Harbor Frieght variety (unopened blister pak). I've had it for years.

(hmmmmm .... ebay!)

3. stmanser

stmanser Looking for a Maverick

that is a damn good deal....considering the i quart cup aand gun is normally about 140 to 200 by itself

just cuz you arent a good painter doesnt mean you cant buy one of these... if they are taken care of and cleaned thoroughly after each use, there is no reason why a cup and gun wont last for years...

i have an HVLP from the AF i got out in 2000... and i have used it 3 times since... and it works fantastic every time.. i will be using it top spray the mav...whenever i cvan get someone to help me with the body work

like i said before... i can paint a car all day long...but i hate doing bodywork... find me someone that likes bodywork.....and me and them can team up and give some real good paint jobs for real cheap...

i live in Tucson

4. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    I bought that set of guns for my husband's birthday this past spring. They are really good guns for the price.(y) The larger gun he uses for basecoats and the smaller one has gotten a real work out on all sorts of small jobs. He is very happy with how well they spray and that's saying alot for someone who is used to spraying with a $500 Sata gun. They are so popular that Eastwood has a hard time keeping them in stock. If anyone needs a good starter spray gun kit, this is the one to go with.

5. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Are they HVLP? I have a Devilbiss suction cup gun which I love but I hardly use it any more because the gravity feed are so much nicer to use & clean. I bought a HVLP gravity feed gun a long time ago from Matco which is supposed to be a knock off of some high dollar gun. I hated it. Sprayed like crap. Probably mostly my fault cause I couldnt get used to the HVLP stuff. So I took it apart & drilled out the air passages. Now its like a standard gun and works great. I have been using it for the last 5 years now. I'd like a nicer gun but dont want to mess with HVLP again.

6. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Never mind, I just looked them up. They are both HVLP. Guess I need to go to school & learn how to use them properly. Mine was great at laying down orange peel no mater how I set it. After my mod, most jobs dont even need to be sanded & buffed.