? Elastic on shoulder harness - "72 2-door

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 19Grabber72, Apr 8, 2011.

1. 19Grabber72

19Grabber72 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 Door Sport Sedan Grabber
    Okay just want to know if anyone out there knows about how long the elastic on the shoulder harness is? That is the shoulder harness hangs by this when not worn or when getting in and out. There is a hook/hanger hook by the door for the front occupants like seen regularly by the back seat area.
    Thanks for any info. It is sewn into the shoulder harness and Id like to know how long it is between those two sewn spots--is there some slack or none etc. My elastic is all stretched out so I have no idea if its supposed to be longer to hang down a certain length or if Ford made it tighter so it would hang closer and higher.

2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Ford made the elastic tight so the belt would hang tight against the roof. The key is to make the elastic short, so that you have to pull and stretch it out to get it over the coat hook. When the elastic pulls back to it's original position....the belt will be tight against the roof.

3. 19Grabber72

19Grabber72 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 Door Sport Sedan Grabber
    Thanks Craig. I thought maybe thats the way it'd be but wanted to ask the question.
    Getting closer to getting her done--well, do we ever really finish these projects? :)