Fiberglass bumpers

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Survival276, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Survival276

Survival276 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    What do you guys think of fiberglass bumpers? Is the quality ok or should i wait for an original to come along.
    (y)

2. RabidCustoms

RabidCustoms sic minds demand sic toys

it all depends on what you want it to look like, and what you want to do with it.fiberglass bumpers can shave off a few pounds if thats a concern. you need to figure out if you want the look on your car to be chrome or painted(yes, you can have the glass bumpers chromed, but I believe its pricey) I have some fiberglass ones on the 72 I'm doing now from VFN. they were nice out of the box. you can do a search to see what others use, and more options/opinions....it all comes down to you in the end, and how you want the car to look(y)

3. Survival276

Survival276 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    I see where your coming from. I'm looking at a bumper from maverick connection at the moment.

4. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Since you are in London, England.........and you want to get the car on the road.....your options are somewhat limited. I suggest buying a fiberglass bumper for now. You could always replace it later.

5. Mavericknutt

Mavericknutt member

Vehicle:
    1971 maverick 2dr m2 front end coil over ladder bar rear suspension 472 ci. C-6 tranny
    I have glass bumpers on mine as well I think they were from unlimited products I have several hours in mine but I think they turned out fine.