finally painted it

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by igo1090, Oct 22, 2005.

1. igo1090

igo1090 Member

Vehicle:
    75 maverick, 93 tbird tube car
    after 9 weeks of sanding, putting the wrong type of sealer on it (dont ask), sanding off the sealer, surgery on me, more sanding, masking, etc. got the paint on it last night. as usual i struck that happy medium between sags & orange peel; i got both. oh well, havent painted a car in about 7 years. my 13 yr old's masking wasnt great, but he's learning. should have been more patient & done more prep, but finally just wanted to get it done before it got any colder. paint vapors & kerosene heaters dont do well with each other.

2. just1993

just1993 Mike

Vehicle:
    70' & 71' 2 Door and 76 4 Door
    It's a great sence of accomplishment when you finally reach your goal. Keep up the good work. Post Pictures

3. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Got pics? Since you are probably less than 30 minutes from me, we really ought to try and hook up sometime.

4. igo1090

igo1090 Member

Vehicle:
    75 maverick, 93 tbird tube car
    was going well until we left the bumper unattended for a second & it rolled off the barrel. we painted it the same color as the car so this mattered. this is a 1975 with the big bumpers. going all one color and painting the bumpers really makes them look smaller. but i get to repaint this one.

we'll hook up sometime mavaholic. maybe one of the ford weekends in the area or something.