Floor Boards Options

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by stmanser, Feb 21, 2005.

1. stmanser

stmanser Looking for a Maverick

My maverick has a lot of floor board rust and i had a guy put some galvanized metal in it.....all he had.....it works but it isnt very strong...i dont have the means to cut metal with a torch and i was hoping you all might have some options available to me

mustang floor boards?? can they work? someone told me that 66-68 will work but i am not sure.....

if i had a torch i could use the mavericks in the junkyard out here....no rust on them....

any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    If "I" was in Arizona with a Maverick with rusted out floorboards.....I would go to the junkyard and get a complete rust free Maverick and transfer everything I had over to that body.

But....alas....."I" am not in Arizona. :D

3. stmanser

that is certainly an option......however, i dont have a garage...and i dont think i could get it all transfered in a weekend.....my mav is a daily driver....unless someone has a car i could borrow for a month or so ?? anyone??

yeah...i found plenty of rust free mavs out here....but they want an arm and half a leg and a thigh for em..... i found on that had zero interior....and the guy wanted 1200 for it.... i laughed all the way home.....if he wants that much for his i should be able to get 4000 for mine....and mine has a $3500 engine and tranny in it..

i just wish i had some money and a welder and a torch.....then life wouldnt be so complicated......this mav is starting to upset the wife....as i am sure the hobby strains all relationships.......now she wants me to buy a 69 mustang and fix it up for her....i told her after my car is done....she got mad....i love her choice of cars....but dangit...mine came first....LOL

:)

4. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Trade the wife for a welder and a torch. :D No matter what you do, you need to cut out the rust and weld new material in, to fix it properly. Dont matter what you use for a metal source. Mustang floorboards will not work with out some modification.

5. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    What's wrong with a $1200 rust free Maverick with no interior?

6. Craig Selvey

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    That was my thought exactly. I would be them up by the dozen around here if that was the case. Just think of all the money you would be saving not having to do any rust repair!!!

7. stmanser

ummm.....the lack of 1200 bucks seems to be the most prevelant problem.....that and the fact that i could use the rust free maverick.....but i have no place to put it....i used to have a freind that said i could use his garage whenever i needed.....but thats a long story

8. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg

OK ... I just assumed that when you said you "laughed all the way home" at the seller wanting $1200 for a rust free car that it was not worth it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  9. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    craig, i'm also glad that your not in az. there wouldn't be any left for the rest of us poor peons.:D

10. Craig Selvey

Vehicle:
    Hey....I share the bounty. Several people on here own my old cars!! :D

Others just own pieces of them. :D