Gauge Placement in AC Dash

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 1971maverick, Mar 18, 2006.

1. 1971maverick

1971maverick (re)Fab Mav

Vehicle:
    1971 Ford Maverick
    I just agreed to buy AcornRidgeMan's black AC dash to put into my 71 without AC. Mines on the garage floor right now and it has had some annoying dents in it for quite a while. Now I don't have to put that one back in!!!:bananaman Thanks (y)

I noticed in Craig's recent thread: http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?p=208099#post208099
    that Russ and Maverick Grabber both figured out how to stash the gauges in that AC hole. How'd ya do it? Has anyone else got gauges mounted like this??

Russ that pic is a little blurry but did you glue in a pice of sheetmetal that has holes for the gauges?

MaverickGrabber your pic looks like there's brackets connected somehow?:huh:

If worse comes to worse I know there's plenty of duck tape lying around:rofl2:I'll have to save some for when the windshield goes back in!! :bouncy:

I was thinking of tacking this on to Craig's thread but thought that might be highjacking?? Move me if I'm wrong please;)

2. Russ

Russ Found On Russ's Drive

Vehicle:
    74 "Bruiser" Mav-
    I bent up a sheet metal "box" that fit inside the hole in the dash. I used the factory screw holes for the AC vent to attach the top of the "box" and I pop rivited two small brackets to catch the bottom of the "box" on the lip of the hole in the dash. So the "box" slips onto the lower lip then uses the holes on the top to fasten tight. I also removed the duct work behind them because the gauges hit them. I never replaced it but I think a non ac duct work would work ok.

3. 1971maverick

1971maverick (re)Fab Mav

Vehicle:
    1971 Ford Maverick
    Thankx fer the reply Russ,

I've got some sheet metal in the garage so thats something I could get going on with no extra $$ !! Free is good.

4. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
    Arthur, are you ever going to put nitrous in your car? You could put in the stock "Fasten Seat Belt" lamp into that dash and use it as your nitrous armed lamp! A novel idea that some of the others have done with their cars that have that light!

Eric J

5. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Ohh man, that would be too cool. (y) My '72 has that light.

6. 1971maverick

1971maverick (re)Fab Mav

Vehicle:
    1971 Ford Maverick
    Nitrous?

I have thought about nitrous a couple of times but really I'm so far from that I can't even say I'm gonna. :huh:

I can only imagine what would happen when I'm driving down the road and I tell the boys - Don't push that button!!!

To be honest I don't know if I could really even handle the car?? I finally got the new 302 in and WOAH - My poor little tire doesn't know what to do. :D

Never had a car that actually goes fast. luv my Mav