Good cheap paint/body shop in N.E. Ohio

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Wes, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    As my budget for doing the Mopar copcar was a bit slim (whose isn't these days), I opted for a shop that a friend in Cleveland used for his copcar. It's a Maaco in Eastlake, Ohio, near I-90. I know what you're going to say..."Maaco...no way!!". Well, they did a good job on his car and did mine pretty well for the money. It's a very, very nice 5 foot car, I'd rate the job an 8/10. They took out all of the dents and dings (it was a municipal police car in NC so there were a lot of them), welded 6 holes shut and refinished them (from lights and antenna), painted the car two colors with urethane/clearcoat (the correct colors I specified), sandblasted and painted the wheels for $1200. This included the jambs and inside the trunk. The body man also took it on himself to realign all 4 doors and the trunk and hood. He also redetailed the ornamental trunk lock cover which had worn paint. Now, they did make a couple minor goofs (nothing major) and I do have some overspray clean-up to do and there are some spots where they could have masked the trim better, but one day and I'll be able to easily un-do these.

It was worth the 2 hour drive each way. If someone is looking for decent and cheap work to spruce up your car, this may be the place to go. If you're looking for true show quality work, maybe consider another shop and be prepared to pay through the nose. For a driver/cruise car, these guys are a good alternative. If anyone's interested in talking to this shop, I'll send you the phone number or go to Maaco's website and you can get it from their shop search. The owner's name is Greg and you should talk to him.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006