Grabber Hood Info

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 70mav4me, Mar 24, 2008.

1. 70mav4me

70mav4me Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Grabber, originally white. Now '71 grabber clone, grabber orange with black, and a grabber hood from MaverickMan.
    Can anyone recommend a source for fiberglass grabber hoods?

I have found several but I have encountered a problem in price differences. Major differences in price make me question the quality of the less expensive products.

Also, living in Phoenix, the extreme heat might be a problem for fiberglass. Has anyone ever dealt with warping fiberglass due to heat?

Is there anyone on here who is selling some fiberglass hoods (please no carbon fiber)? Or a metal one would be preferred.

Thanks

2. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    I run a fiberglass hood. Not a grabber hood, but i run at firebird and have never had any problems with the heat. I bought my hood from US Body. With shipping it cost me almost $600. If your thinking about fiberglass, Why not carbon fiber?they are not that much more and fit better than the fiberglass hoods i"ve seen. :)

http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?t=34236&highlight=carbon+fiber+hoods

3. 70mav4me

70mav4me Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Grabber, originally white. Now '71 grabber clone, grabber orange with black, and a grabber hood from MaverickMan.
    Fiberglass Hood info.

Thanks for the information Don, but is the carbon fiber hood just as strong as the fiberglass hoods? Can they be painted just like the fiberglass hoods?

Thanks,
    Rick

4. Mavman72

Mavman72 Gone backwards but lookin' forward

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 door.Original V-8 3 spd std shift.Also a 72 one owner Sprint sporting a 351 Windsor
    The CF hoods are stronger than fiberglass and you can paint them like anything else.

5. 70mav4me

70mav4me Member

Vehicle:
    fiberglass Grabber hood

Thanks Mavman72, that answers my question.

6. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    Yes. there's a ford falcon station wagon that should be at Firebird On April 5th & 6th. This is a beautiful car and has a carbon fiber hood that is painted. In fact there are 2 of them. The guy that has the one car built both of the hoods himself.:)

7. 70mav4me

70mav4me Member

Vehicle:
    Thanks again Don, I might go to Firebird raceway and check it out.