Grabber Spoiler

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Erick-Mav, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Erick-Mav

Erick-Mav Maverick Punk

Vehicle:
    71 Grabber-Factory V8 w/3spd, 72 Maverick-351 Procharged for Strip, 71 Comet GT-331/4spd
    I have replaced the trunk lid and am going to re-install the spoiler. What size hole should be drilled for the mounting bolts? I'm guessing 1" diameter.

Also, any ideas on replacement of the nut/spacers that hold the spoiler on?...I only have 2 of 4 of the nut/spacers. A normal nut won't work. There's a wing thingy that presses up against the trunk. I guess I could fabricate something. Ideas?

2. mavman427

mavman427 has entered the building.

Vehicle:
    1971 Mav with all the trimmings....302 Auto, Custom buckets, Power Brakes, A/C, PS, Grabber hood, spoiler, and mirrors.
    I've heard that PVC piping will work. What you'd have to do is cut out one side of it with a big hole saw, not sure how big, maybe 3/4" or something, then cut out a smaller hole on the other side as the peg is tapered on the spoiler. That would give you the spacer you need. I had all the hardware, but i drilled out the built-in nuts on the little brackets and just epoxied some studs into the spoiler and put nuts on them.

3. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    1" is the correct size.

4. FoMoDave

FoMoDave Maverick Owner

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick 302 c-4,1971 Maverick 6cyl
    Eric-scroll down to bottom of page and see "similar threads" you will find much good info there.