Grille

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Margandc, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Margandc

Margandc Member

Vehicle:
    75 Maverick 2dr
    any idea on where to get some aluminum material to make my own grille for a 75 mav? I've found material at other sites but they do not make it long enough. I need like 60" length and 10" width.

2. Sam M.

Sam M. Just a nobody

Vehicle:
    1972 Black Comet EFI 2-Door, 1975 Blue Maverick factory 302 4-Door
    I used to make sprayer booms out of small diameter (0.25 O.D.) aluminum pipe used by the aviation industry for high pressure hydraulic lines. It came in any length you wanted and could be cut or bent easily. I've often thought of using this material to fabricate a tubular grill, but never got around to it. I'm afraid I can't remember the source but I bet you could google it and find something. Good luck.

Sam :)

Got curious myself and found this site. http://www.wicksaircraft.com/catalog/product_cat.php/subid=1837/

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  3. 77Mavro

77Mavro New Member

Vehicle:
    1977 maverick
  4. Margandc

Margandc Member

Vehicle:
    75 Maverick 2dr
    hey thanks guys that did help. Sam what do you think the rolled tubing would look like??

5. Sam M.

Sam M. Just a nobody

Vehicle:
    1972 Black Comet EFI 2-Door, 1975 Blue Maverick factory 302 4-Door
    I actually think the tubing would look very good. It's thin enough where it wouldn't be overpowering and you could use, say, 5 rows evenly spaced with a thin piece behind it to tie each row together. I bet you could take orders for them all day long. I have some of if hanging around here, if I get a chance I'll take a pic and post it here.

Sam :)

6. Margandc

Margandc Member

Vehicle:
    75 Maverick 2dr
    ya definitely take a pic so I can get an idea of where to go with it. What size tubing were you thinking of using? I'm really thinking about doing it since this guy that I bought the car from has pretty much a plastic grille because he used to drag race with it. So I need to do something with it before it hits the road.