GT 500 Mirror

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Maverick Man, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    i was board today so i drove over to the rip off mustang store. i just wanted to see if a GT 500 mustang mirror would bolt right up to my maverick... i was getting sick of the carbon fiber one so i thought what the heck.

well it bolted right on! so if you got an LDO it will bolt right up if you have any other mirror it will not work unless you drill new holes.

i know i said it bolted right on but it didn't what so ever bolt together... nothing fit at all! and i mean at all... it had a great finish but the WORST fit i have ever seen! just glad i told them i wanted to put it together there so see how it looked or fit... the guy said yeah you just gotta make it fit... i'm like yeah right! well i complained enough and got it for $31.00 bucks :p

the guy at the store was asking about my carbon fiber one and how i meshed the parts together for it... with the detail he was asking don't be supprised if you see one for mustangs :biglaugh:

either way even after grinding the mirror peices down and using a dremel.. the think still don't fit great but i guess i only can tell.. either way it still bugs me.

anyways for now i'm gonna keep it on for a bit... but later on use the base of this mirror with the carbon fiber mirror and dump the carbon fiber base. cuz i think it will flow better.

i don't know what you think...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    i like the bullet style better on the mav. the other one looks more like what id have on a motorcycle:2cents:

3. Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P

you know your stuff.... shhhh! lol! ;)

btw you have a PM

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  4. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    I like it better then the carbon fiber one. Just seems to go with the car better. I've always thought the carbon fiber one looked a little out of place.

5. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    "i don't know what you think..."

r u :coco: :huh: ...:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: it looks like :rofl: ."what were you thinking"(Dr.Phil)
    i like it when people ask what i think..frank...:bouncy:

6. Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    yeah i guess.... i was trying to flow and match the outside with the carbon hood and guage pods... i never really liked the base i made out of carbon fiber but with my skills thats about all i could make... but i would consider redoing if i polish the mirror piviot and use the chrome base form the bullet mittor. Now a Carbon bullet mirror would be a differant option... hum...

i don't know whats worse sounding like Dr. Phil or watching Dr. Phil it and knowing what he says... :D

"so how do you feel?" asks Dr. Maverick

7. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    revved up and ready to rock!:lolup::evilsmile

8. littleredtoy

littleredtoy Seth

Vehicle:
    '74 Comet GT
    I always wonderd what they would look like. Didn't want to lose my sport mirrors.