hello guys I realy needs your help about the exterior and motor color of my MAV

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Mex_Mav_77, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Mex_Mav_77

Mex_Mav_77 New Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick
    Hello thats my third post (My english its not so god... but I try)
    [​IMG]
    (this is the car and I feel Get his own personalty)

This is my FIRST maverick :drive:(1977, V8, 302, 2 doors, Automatic) and I love it, but I mean "I really love it" cause I love it over all the surprises (when you find troubles over troubles) the money and time I invert (no spend) to restore this car.
    Well I want to use black as exterior color whit a pair of stripes along in white. the problem its I want to know if ford use this color (black) in this cars on this year. I really need to use original fords color (you know...)

I want to paint the engine too and need the original color too.
    Somebody can explainme the process to get a god work of paint in the engine (the preparatión the kind of material, etc) I want to paint the transmision too
    I show you this chart, but I dont know how many exactly is it :hmmm: [​IMG]
    really thanks

2. wagesofsin

wagesofsin Official Lurkologist

Vehicle:
    74 challenger , 73 'cuda , 72 challenger , 74 barracuda
    whats your paint code on the door say? was it black originally? the codes are carried on in years as well, i just found that out about my cars. got the same code all the way to 94 , maybe later. and dont worry about your english, half of us are illiterate, but almost all have great knowledge.a quality paint job, on any surface is dictated by quality of preperation. the cleaner , and or smoother i.e. straighter the area to be painted, the better the finish. its all about prep.
    gonna do this yourself? take the time to look up some basics on painting. sometimes its the materials involved, but ive seen low buck paint jobs look as good as high dollar ones. did i mention.. its all about the prep?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007