help! I want to add more lights.

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by sstacey13, Aug 4, 2014.

1. sstacey13

sstacey13 Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    Hey guys I'm new here, I have some ideas and I'd like some help on to how I can execute them.

What I'd like some help on is the adding of more lights. Firstly I'd really like to add some more headlights, I have an idea for a four eyed maverick. I'd like to add two headlights to each side, smaller in diameter next to the original lights. What would be required of me to dk that?

And Secondly I'd like to add a light bar in the gap in the front valence, what would I need for that. Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. rthomas771

rthomas771 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '74 Maverick 302 5-Speed.'60 Falcon V8. '63.5 Falcon HT
    The metal on the fender behind the headlight bucket will need to be swapped out with metal from a 4-eyed fender. This will make it easier to use the smaller headlight buckets. Maybe '69 Mustang fenders could be used to make this work. Then of course electrical wiring to the new headlights. The grille will need trimming to fit the new lights too.

sstacey13 likes this.
  3. captainmack

captainmack Quad Door

Vehicle:
    1972 4 Door Comet, 200, C4 1970 Dodge Coronet 1975 Econoline 250
    You will need to use relays to turn on the various lights. You run the big 10 gauge positive wires from the lights to the relay, then from the relay to the battery with a fuse. The relay then can turn on the light with small 16 gauge wires run to switches that you install inside the car. I hope this helps your lighting journey.... lights are fun. I put some amber retro fog lights on the front of mine. Your alternator will get a workout if you put too many lights.. :)

4. sstacey13

sstacey13 Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    that's exactly the answer I was looking for!

I could use a larger alternator too correct?